Sunday, November 09, 2014

Fall 2014 November 9 Sunday (Katies Country Griddle, Liar's Tables and Delta Airlines)


40 degrees this morning 56:22 minutes walked.  Three Earthquakes (one 3.6)

Breakfast Saturday morning  at “Katies Country Griddle”.  We started eating there when we noticed they offered gluten free pancakes and waffles.  

Unlike many gluten free products (especially the bread type), their gluten free pancakes are excellent.

I actually became a fan of “grits” there because I like their grits.  I normally didn’t care for grits before this, you never know when your tastes might change.  (I like honey with mine)

We need to get their early on Saturdays, otherwise there is a long wait.  

I have settled on the hamburger steak, with two eggs over medium, grits, dry wheat bread and peanut butter for my breakfast.  And of course coffee, as much coffee as they will pour me.  When I eat breakfast out is about the only time I eat  bread.

The crowd that eats there varies, but it reminds me of a small town cafe, with several “liars tables” etc and servers who wear “Katies Country Griddle” t-shirts and wise crack with the customers they know.   (We once stopped at a small town in Colorado and the local cafe had a sign “Liars table” over a large table where residents stopped for coffee and talk in the morning.  Ever since then we called since tables “liars tables”.  At many cities, even McDonalds has a “liars table”, since it is the only place in town to gather.)

Most of the food is very good, which is the reason for the number of people who eat there on weekends. 

Kind of a small city in a large town it is nice to eat at a locally owned restaurant that apparently is successful.  It doesn’t try to be anything other than what it is.  Nothing against chain restaurants, some of which are very nice also.

AS I mentioned before, Braums is excellent and there are a lot of nice chain restaurants in the area also. A lot of restaurants are good about offering gluten free food.  

I continue to monitor carbs, primarily by avoiding bread and potatoes.  I ignore the carbs in fruit and vegetables,  figuring it is healthier  to go ahead and eat them and ignore the carbs in them.  

For some reason, blueberries are out of stock again.  I miss them, but not so much that I will eat frozen ones etc.I find a substitute.

Hope I’m not developing a cold or worse yet, flu.  (I am getting my flu shot Tuesday).  I have a slightly scratchy throat, which I hope is only temporary.  I really hate catching a cold etc, especially this early in the year.   

Delta Airlines was extremely nice to us and gave us credit for a flight we couldn’t make last fall and allowed us to use it for another flight.  While I really don’t like a lot of Delta policies (or that they always fly through Atlanta), their personnel  are almost always first class professionals who are really good,

When I talked with Delta about changing the tickets, I had a question after the conversation (a separate person) ask me to “if I owned a customer service business, what is the chances I would hire the salt person I  talked with last on a 1 to 5 scale (5 best)  I gave her a 5 without any qualms  

I got a copy of the book “Lonesome Dove” today at the library.  I started to look through it for  quote I wanted and then realized it was going to take a long time. So I just went to the internet and put in a search for “Lonesome Dove quotes gus living” and the quote I wanted was the first thing to pop up.

Amazing! 


That’s it for now, Sunday, November 9, 2014       

No comments: