Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fall 2014 November 22 Saturday


62 degrees this morning. rain, no  walk,  1 earthquake

The weekend is here!  We have the periodic “birthday” party (today) for persons whose birthday is within a month of so of the date.  It is fun to remember birthdays, but not get overwhelmed by celebrating them on the exact date.  

It is good to celebrate immediate family members on the exact day, but beyond that it is nice just to remember and acknowledge it.

Birthdays do make you realize how fast time goes, especially when you see how fast children grow up!  

I always like New Year Day or even New Year Eve to reflect on the past year and the coming year or years. 

I understand the reason I noted for the difference in earthquake count (local and from “Oz Earthquakes) is that “Oz” app only includes earthquakes over 2.5.  Other counts may include earthquakes under that. 

Gas is getting so low here, I almost fill up even though I don’t need any.  I saw $2.25 pre gallon the other day.

Only cheap if you review it in comparison to what i has been.  It was at least close to 3.60 for a long while (and even more for premium.  Our car uses premium  and we easily could pay around $4.00 per gallon.

The hybrid will make up  a  lot of difference, especially if the gas goes up, but it is even making it substantially cheaper now.  

So far I have averaged around 36 mph which isn’r bad.  

In addition, the electric motors provide excellent pickup.  I don’t understand whey, but from the
Prius, I knew the pickup was good and it is really good on the Camry. I have a lot of fun with the “electric vehicle mode” where I can travel around on just the electric motor and use no gas at all.  Of course, it doesn’t last for all that long before it kicks back into gas mode, either from the speed or the battery is low.

Ron, Sara and Peter were here and helped put up the last major picture  (my painting from Arizona).  It is nice to get the ones up we have to get up.

Surprised at rain and relatively warm weather this morning.  Would have enjoyed the walk.  

It is strange that when I can’t walk, I think of “everything I can get done” with the time I save.  Guess what?  Of course, I fritter it away, in a sense.  

On the other hand, maybe it is good to have some time to fritter away and I get something done I need to get done that I don’t know I need to get done.  So to speak.
Watching my “time shifted” programs of boxing.  I don’t know why I like it, it isn’t the type of thing I like, but I especially like the lessor known matches. I think it may be the psychological aspect of it.  I know it is a lot of a lot of promotional hype also, but I kind of enjoy that aspect also.  

The Christmas/Holiday season has started.  It will b a lot different than in past years since we won’t be making the trip from Memphis to OKC for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

We will have soon lived here five months.  Somehow it seems like we have lived here longer.  Not a value judgement, just an observation.  

We are looking forward to seeing our friends in Memphis in several weeks when we make a visit there.


That’s it for now, Saturday, November 22, 2014

No comments: