Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fall 2014 November 26 Wednesday (Thanksgiving, Apple products)



44 degrees this morning.  55:10 minute walk  12 earthquakes in last 24 hours!

A Wednesday that seems like a Friday!  Although i enjoy my job, it will be good to have a break.

Thanksgiving has always been a special kind of holiday.  When we were kids, I know we frequently visited on Thanksgiving and one of my early memories is relatives getting caught in a snowstorm and having to stay in town because they couldn’t get out.

fI think Thanksgiving is simpler than the other major holidays and may carry fewer expectations that you “have” to enjoy it, so you may relax and enjoy it more.

As I mentioned, this will be the first Thanksgiving in 13 years we didn’t travel to OKC for Thanksgiving, so it will be different.  

The weather has been wonderful, a little cool, but that is expected this time of year.

We live about a mile from a major mall, so I expect we will need to learn to deal with heavy traffic until after Christmas.  

Hopefully out travel patterns will be different enough that we won’t have to deal with too much traffic and we are close enough to the mall, we can go at odd times if we need to go (although we aren’t planning on going).

I want to go the Apple Store tomorrow for training, so I am hoping the traffic isn’t too bad.  

The Apple store is located at “the” mall to shop at, and of course, it has the least parking.  Parking there is madness to say the least after Thanksgiving, and even on normal weekends and weekdays it is bad enough.

For some reason I have been having problems downloading from iTunes, and also I wanted to review the setup on the phones.  

Last night, my iPad rang and it was actually a call to my business phone, which for a number of reasons I don’t answer after work hours.  (There is an override for VIP’sI).  

Rather irritated at  Apple Computers on several fronts.  My iPad Air has relatively small storage, so I had to delete some items to make room for an update. 

 After it started updating I noted the update didn’t even even apply to this iPad!  Why in the world wasn’t Apple apple to determine that and now bother me with it?  It is just wasting a lot of my storage!  

Also, I learned my lesson and I am getting my devices with more than minimum storage!

I like my iPhone, but it is very irritating to have to use the pass code (or the finger/thumb print that really doesn’t work that well anyway) every time I go out, for even a second.   I probably will just eliminate the password to avoid the aggravation, which also means I can’t use the “buy with Apple” feature.  I’ll redo my print and see if I can get it get it better. 

They need to have the option of a 15 minute “open” window, to many people are going to eliminate the password.   

Somehow it seems that technology companies frequently just outsmart themselves or think they need to control too much.

I got my first Apple  spam with a link (either a virus or some type of spyware, I’m sure), so maybe they need to spend more time on preventing that rather than attempt to over control the users!  

I have been using the search engine “DuckDuckgo” which doesn’t track your usage.  I think it gives a a more varied selection of results than Google does and isn’t so targeted to Amazon et.

Wishing all who are reading this a happy Thanksgiving!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, November 26, 2014.

No comments: