Monday, November 24, 2014

Fall 2014 November 23 Sunday



54 degrees this morning 58:06 minutes walking two earthquakes

A good day Saturday, although it probably didn’t do my weight control any good!  I was relatively controlled except for the two pieces of cake, the ice cream and Doritos!   And the wonderful cornbread muffins.  

All items I have a problem resisting. But it isn’t an everyday thing, thank goodness.

I always enjoying hearing what has happened with everyone since we last met.  

We went to the Plaza area to pick up some  Christmas presents we had  ordered.  It is always amazing to me when I see a previous area that was deteriorated, to put it lightly, and now it is a thriving shopping and eating area

It looks like it has  a good mix of companies and person involved in the businesses and the area should maintain well.

I’m not sure what makes it (redevelopment) work, but I would sure like to know!  It takes more than just money.

Yesterday was a relatively warm day, but it rained early and was cloudy and rather nasty.  Today will likely be the same, although I don’t think it is supposed to rain until this afternoon.

While walking this morning, I heard a “rushing” sound, almost like a strong wind.  I really expect to walk into a high wind.

Instead, it was a huge water leak, which was coming out of the pipe and going down the drain.  

When I got back, I called the water emergency line and reported the leak.  While this time of year they have a lot of leaks, I expect that is one they will want to fix as soon as possible.  

Walking when I do (around 3:15 a.m. or so) gives you a special perspective on the neighborhood.  I see very few cars, although  there  are “regulars” that are either going to work or coming back. 

Saturday and Sunday morning there is frequently a lot more traffic, probably due to Friday and Saturday night.

I note garage doors open (normally two or so a night), loose dogs and the occasional cat.

Cats seem to run their own patterns, although they seem to have regular handouts.  

Occasionally I will meet another exerciser (normally a runner)    although not every day.

There is a newspaper that is delivered in the north area of the neighborhood at that time.  I’d like to find out which newspaper is being delivered so I could subscribe to it if it was a newspaper I would like to read.
I still miss getting the papers early in the morning. There  are a lot of alternatives (read it on the internet, read the previous morning papers etc.), but nothing beats actually reading  the paper.

Actually, USA Today  I like better on the internet than the actual physical paper (the content is about 80% different than the printed newspaper)  The Walll Street Journal is aiso good on the iPad.. 

I have also started looking at  “Flipboard”,  but I tend to spend too much time on it.


That’s it for now, Sunday, November 23, 2014

No comments: