Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fall 2014 November 12 Wednesday (Cold, Wind)



24 degrees this morning, 11 degrees wind chill.  37:00  minutes walk (shortened due to wind and temperature),   One earthquake

The cold was bad enough yesterday, but the wind truly cut through us!  The cold really wasn’t that bad but the wind definitely was!   This morning I bundled up and it wasn’t that bad, but I kept out of the windy areas.  

Due to the extra time in bundling up, I actually didn’t save any time on the walk.  

Hopefully it won’t snow  this weekend, it is just too early for winter to start.

Looking with new eyes at donating/tossing/selling items.  I am really starting to believe the “toothbrush rule”, if I don’t use it every day or it doesn’t enhance my life, I don’t need to keep it!

We actually have gotten rid of a lot of stuff, but still have some to do.  

Overall, a good Veterans Day. Went with Aliene to a Doctors Appt. (she got a shot or rather two shots in her head to see if it would help her headaches) and I had an appointment  in the afternoon.  Got my flu shot etc. also.

“Field Day” today.  Hope the wind stays down!  The wind makes it so much colder!  I will be in the car most of the day since my route is about 80 miles today.  

I try to schedule my route through “Mapquest”, which doesn’t always work that well, sometimes my gut feeling is better, but it does help me orient it.   

We put up some of our pictures last night, which always makes a big difference.  Some of the pictures are like old friends we welcome back.

I had forgotten how the wind makes everything so much colder.  Yesterday morning especially we were in a windy a area and the cold just cut through me.  It make it seem much colder than it was.

I have a few nasty thoughts this morning about auto dealers who make their 100% profit on putting “nitrogen” in tires.  In this case, I had to take it since they got the car from another dealer who had already installed the worthless junk.  

Of course the first cold weather the “low tire pressure” light comes on due to the “nitrogen” not really being appropriate for the car. 

I’m going to take the car in and tell them to take that junk out and put in air!  Nitrogen in a Toyota is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.  

If you are wear it is snowing and colder then here, keep warm and safe!


That’s it for now,  Wednesday, November 12, 2014.

No comments: