Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fall 2014 November 27 Thursday (Earthquakes, Thanksgiving)



33 degrees this morning,  minutes walking,  13 earthquakes in past 24 hours!.

I recently heard a speech where the speaker emphasized the tremendous increase in earthquakes in the past several years (it was like an increase of 1,000%).

He said “fracking” probably wasn’t the reason for the dramatic increase in earthquakes.  

He said “salt water disposal wells” probably is the reason.  While I don’t know that much about it, he said many of the salt water disposal wells go to the depth of the earthquakes.

Again, I don’t have any idea if he is correct or not.  He said an oil well pumps 10 barrels of salt water for every barrel of oil, so that is a bunch of salt water.

If they could desalt the salt water, that could be a real benefit!

I may do some research on this, at least quickly scan available information on it.  

Thanksgiving Day today.  We are going to a family gathering, which is always enjoyable.

I have decided to start faithfully using “My Fitness Pal” to document everything I eat, or at least most of it.  It computes a rough estimate of the calories you eat, as well as exercise etc.  (All of my exercise burns about a candy bar.)

A primary purpose is to keep tabs on my carbs, fat, sodium etc. that I eat.

Thanksgiving may not be the best time to start this, but I have to start sometime!  

I have to revise some of what I said yesterday about the Apple iPhone 6.  I tried using the “thumb or finger print” opening today and it worked about 90% of the time, so it may be I didn’t give it a good chance.  It is convenient.  

I went to Apple store today about iTunes and found some changes I hadn’t been aware of, minor things like the locations of indicators etc.  

Minor things can make a big difference sometimes!   Especially minor things you don’t know!  

I always say anything is easy once you know how to do it!

While at the Apple Store I looked at the Nest Thermostat and smoke detectors.  I was very impressed, to say the least, after my experiences with smoke detectors and, to a lessor degree, thermostats.

Spent the day catching up on my “field days” Monday and Tuesday. I really enjoy it the work, both the office days and the field days.  I think they offset each other so I don’t get bored or tired of doing the same thing.

Believe me, no two days are the same!

Looking forward to four days “off”.  I think it isn’t the time off as much as the feeling I have the chance, whether I use it or not, to get some things done I have been planning to do etc.  I actually look forward to the work and starting work each morning.  

Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving.  

That’s it for now, Thursday, November 27, 2014




No comments: