Thursday, November 06, 2014

Fall 2014 November 6 Thursday



54 degrees this morning.   56:27 Minutes walk.    No earthquakes (in our area) in last 24 hours

Watching our tape of the “Roosevelts”, I realize the power of video that I hadn’t thought of before.  While I have read about much of the historical parts in books etc., seeing it in video really made an impact, especially Eleanor Roosevelt’s commitment to civicl rights.  Somehow I had never picked up on that before.  She truly had a lot of courage.  

Also, listening to some of the speeches etc. and the actual pictures of the times has a lot of impact. 

The entire series is very well done. 

I still won’t watch the videos on the USA Today web page etc. it just takes too much time.  

Completing my first week full time working out of my home office.  I like to say I have a very short commute, I just walk into the office and shut the door!  Time goes fast, as I am still learning various aspects of my job and I try to prepare for the “field days”, so  I am organized for what I need to do.  

I try to make sure I have everything I need “in the field”, since I really don’t have time to come back to pick up something.  

I do like not having to worry about committing to and from work.  

The car has been working well.  Thus far I really like it.  The hybrid engine provides good pickup to meld onto the interstate etc., while getting reasonably good gas mileage and is reasonably comfortable.  

As I mentioned before, I carry my office into the car, so it is important in a lot of ways!

My new dentist looked at my dental implants and said they looked good, so that made me feel good about doing it.  I didn’t think anything was wrong, it is just nice to have an independent dentist conform that it was a good job, considering how much it cost me!

We purchased a scanner, primarily to upload pictures and documents to conserve space.  Of course, I still haven’t taken it out of the box.  I am getting to the point I am preparing to tackle it.  

I am going to set up a Flickr account for Aliene to upload her pictures to,  unless someone knows of a better idea.  I am also going to either throw away or upload almost anything to conserve a lot of space.

My walk in the morning is in that time of change from Summer to Winter.  Some mornings I dress to warm, some mornings I don’t dress warm enough.  

I guess maybe all change is that way.  Some times you adjust too much, sometimes not enough for the actual reality of the situation since you really don’t have the experience to  determine which alternative is right.  

Change will continue, not matter what, so I learn to adjust.

Out in the field today.  Always an interesting day when I’m in the field!


That’s it for now, Thursday, November 6 2014.

No comments: