Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fall 2014 November 25 Tuesday (Holiday Music, Gas, Decorations)



34 degrees this morning, 56:10 minutes walking,  seven earthquakes.

Holiday music is here!  I happened to pick up my first “commercial free” holiday music this morning and I am excited to be able to listen to it for the next month!  

I had planned to listen to my Spanish cd this morning, but as soon as I heard the holiday music, I was hooked and listened to it all day.  

I heard “WinterWonder Land”, Twelve Days of Christmas” and many others and the first of what I am sure is the first of many “Santa Baby”.

One year I actually found a number of internet stations that have Holiday music all year  round. I  decided to just enjoy it for the month or so around Christmas.

I’m not sure what I like about Holiday music, but it is always a welcoming sound to hear the holiday music sounds.

At a Christmas party one year at work, one of the events was for different people to sing parts of “the  Twelve Days of Christmas”.  Every time I hear “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, i remember some persons involved in singing.  

Weather, while cool, has been relatively mild.  The wind is really what makes it so bad.

I got gas for $2.31 today (and saw it for $2.28).  Gas in my “territory” where I work is about 10 cents less per gallon than it is where I live, so I have been waiting until I drive to my territory to get gas!  

One good thing about having a hybrid with over 600 miles range on a tank of gas is that I don’t need to get gas often, so I can plan on where I get it!

I tend to be loyal to 7-11, since they maintain a reasonable difference between the cost of “regular” gas versus “premium” gas, which our other car requires.  

At times, we would pull into a station and the advertised “regular” would be a low price (say $3.21) but premium would be $3.81.  At 7-11, premium was always about .20 above regular gas.

Oklahoma City for some reason was especially bad about that, in some cases advertising “regular with Ethanol” for (say) $3.21, and having “regular without Ethanol” marked up to $3.71 and then pricing premium off the “regular without Ethanol”, resulting in even “premium with Ethanol” being priced at .60 or even .80 higher.

Anyway, even though I saw cheaper gas today (and it irritates me that 7-11 doesn’t take American Express), I stayed loyal to 7-11. 

Interesting day “in the field” today.  I am finding that every day is definitely not the same!  I run across something new almost every day, if not almost every customer.  

Aliene is decorating the house (inside) for Christmas.  She has a number of decorations she puts out for every season, with of course, Christmas being having most of the decorations (with Fall/ Halloween a close second, I believe).  

It is fun to see some of the same characters and decorations  come back each year, usually with one or two new ones and one or two  that go away.

34 degrees this morning, but seemed warmer than that.  No wind is probably the reason it seemed warmer.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, November 25, 2014.

No comments: