Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fall 2014 November 18 Tuesday



24  degrees this morning. 0 minutes walking!, four  earthquakes

I am beginning to wonder if my “weather app” is stuck on 24 degrees!  Although most of the ice and snow is gone, there is enough left that I didn’t walk this morning.

This is the type of cold that seems to get into your bones  and stay there.  I remember one winter it seemed the only way I could really get warm was go to the sauna and get  really hot and even that was a short-term solution.  

It is actually supposed to warm up some today, so at least all the snow and ice will be gone.

Aggravation again, when the security alarm started beeping at 3:15 a.m.  Fortunately I was already up, but I can’t believe the incompetence of companies who would design such a system.  

Makes the “Next” smoke and thermostat systems look good.  We just don’t know if it would be worth the expense of installing and then removing and installing the old systems when we moved.  (Right now it would be worth it.  I don’t have any idea how to stop the security system from beeping short of ripping it out of the wall!, and I”m not real sure reborn that would work.)

What in the world were they thinking?  It would be worth getting a Next just to get back at the companies who would design such a sadistic system.  

Hopefully we can get ahold of he alarm people today, maybe they know how to install the “Next” systems. 

I was able to reduce the beeping by turning it “on”, but it still beeps occasionally.  Again, what tin the would were they think gin when they designed such a piece of junk?  That we have batteries on hand?  We can’t even change the battery on it!  We have to call the security people for it. 

Ron and Vicki (Aliene’s son and his wife) are visiting from Cleveland, so it is nice to have them for a visit.  (Hopefully the alarm won’t wake them up!)

Planning a “field day” today.  (At least I will get away from the alarm beeping. ) I think we can get the security people out here today to get the battery changed.  

The hospital we are using (or rather than medical doctor) uses a web page for communicating and providing lab results etc.  Actually works very well, once we get used to it and realize that is what we have to use!  We can always call of course, but this provides the information in a central area.  

I can really tell the difference when I can’t walk.  I feel like I am missing something, which I guess I am.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, November 18, 2014.

No comments: