Monday, November 17, 2014

Fall 2014 November 17 Monday (Snow, Jack Reacher, Music)



24 degrees this morning. 0 minutes walking!, five  earthquakes

Snow yesterday, so no walk this morning.  It wasn’t a huge snow, but there is ice on the ground.

Normally, I would call this an “office day” (regardless of my original plans), but I have (or may have) a special assignment today, so I may need to get out in the weather.  Not really that bad, but…. 

Unfortunately, the shots Aliene had in the head (they had to really hurt) didn't resolve her headache problem.  I know she is getting very tired of it, I don’t see how she stands it.

She has to call the Doctor back this week and he will advise her of the next step.

I started reading an “escape reading” book by “Lee Childs, and his character Jack Reacher  in the book “Personal”.    He has written 19 Jack Reacher books and we have read all of them.  He is kind of a “no miss read” like Tony Hillerman used to be.

I am enjoy reading it and will probably sneak in a chapter whenever I can!  

Jack Reacher is an interesting character.  He is an ex military Major and he does not have a permeant residence.  When he needs a change of clothes, he simply buys new ones and throws his old ones away.  

Of course, he either gets involved in problem activities or he is called to resolve a problem  

I went ahead and prepared my cassette tapes (all 200  or os of them) to be donated, and I felt a great relief at not having to deal with converting them to MPC or CD.  If I am missing a song or album enough,I will simply buy it and download it  

I do plan on checking my CD’s to make sure they are burned to iTunes so I can donate them.

Thinking about it, we don’t listen to a lot of music anyone.  When we are in the car, we are normally listening to an audiobook.  

I normally listen to an audiobooks when I walk, although i listen to music when I ride the bike.

When I drive to work, and my driving for work (I can easily spend two  hours of drive time during a work day), I do listen to music (or news on XM radio), but I am so erratic in my listening, it is simpler to use an iPod (or listen to XM) since I am likely to listen to anything from classical to electronic dance music to country music to rock.  

When I take my nap in the morning before I go to work (I take a 27 minute minimum nap after breakfast), I listen to a wonderful album of a violinist playing the “Four Seasons”.  It is a great album.  (Vanessa-Mae, The Original Four Seasons and the Devils Trill Sonata)

My favorite instrument is the violin or fiddle (or related string instruments).  Something about it just really appeals to me and always has.

I may set up something to listen to music while I am in the office.  I haven’t really decided yet,  I don’t want to have anything that will disrupt my work, but I think some light music could  help my productivity or perhaps increase my creative approach to resolving problems.

I now have my winter clothes out and an in winter mode”.  Hopefully I will be able to get back to warm weather mode soon!  

Keep warm and stay safe on the roads!


That’s it for now, Monday, November 17, 2014.

No comments: