Monday, November 24, 2014

Fall 2014 November 24, 2014 (Exercise Water Leaks and Time)



40 degrees this morning. 56:41 minute walk, four earthquakes  

The “short week”, off Thanksgiving and day after.  Will be interesting that we are “home” for a long holiday.  Hasn’t happened for 13 years as I mentioned yesterday.  

Maybe I can finish up some books this weekend!  

Also, I want to get back on a more rounded exercise program.  I may cut back my walk a little so I can also ride the bike on a daily basis and also I want to start “bench pressing” again.

I have kept up a little, I do 40 situps and barbell exercises with relatively light barbells (20 lbs).  My weight bench actually has mushrooms growing out of the bottom, although the cold weather killed them.  (That is the truth).  Not quite sure how that happened. 

I do my weight exercises outside so the bench is exposed to the elements so to speak.  It is about 8 years old, so it has a right to be a little worn and have some mushrooms!  It has been outside the entire time and I doubt if they are built to be outside.  

It has been an excellent weight bench.

Anyway, I am looking for a “bench press bench”, so I can start adding bench presses to my routines.  I think my walking and bicycling are adequate for my legs.

I miss swimming.  The addition swimming pool is right across from my house  but it is a “summer only” pool.  There are some exercise places close but…

The nearest YMCA is just a little too far for me to want to drive it every day.  

Aliene is going to start walking and exercising again when she gets her neck and back problems worked out, so that may help us decide.  

Anyway, if I can get the “bench press bench” and get my punching bag set up, I can see what I can do, as well as reschedule my time so I can ride my bike every day (although it is a little more of a  problem to ride the bike versus walking on a really bad weather day.)

Don’t recall if I mentioned it, but yesterday morning I was walking and heard a “rushing sound”.  At first I thought it was a really weird wind storm, maybe even a localized tornado, but it was a huge water leak.  

I called the water leak in and saw the crews out fixing the water leak later in the day.  This kind of weather they have a lot of water leaks.

Plan on going back to visit friends in Memphis in several weeks, looking forward to it.  It will  seem unreal.  When we go back it is just like we have never left, it is so natural to be with them.  

We have lived here a little over five months now.  Don’t mean this in a negative way, but it seems much longer.  I have actually only been working at my current job for almost 3 months. 

I really enjoy it, but it seems like it has been longer.  

Of course, time goes so fast that soon it will be 5 years that we have lived here and five years in my job.  Time just screams by.  

Sounds like it may be another nasty day tomorrow.  Today wasn’t too bad, although we had some strong winds come in.

I will be “in the field” Monday  and probably Tuesday, depending on the administrative work involved.  


That’s it for now, Monday, November 24, 2014

No comments: