Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fall 2014 November 20 Thursday


38 degrees this morning, 57:02  minutes walking, 
(Earthquake app not working this morning-Maybe an earthquake damaged it!)

Got a shock yesterday when I realized (through Ken asking me if I had posted a blog Sunday) and I apparently wrote it and then simply forgot to post it, or more likely was in a hurry and just missed doing it.  

Unfortunately, I didn’t save it as a document, so it is gone forever.

Hopefully it is not a  sign of age!  I actually have been making little “forgots” like that all my life.  We were going to go to breakfast and I wanted to leave early and I apparently just got in too much of a hurry!

Thursday already.  Busy day today as I  got my first set of my “own” accounts to work.  Of course, I  tried to do all of them on one day (it is actually about a months work normally).  

I’m sure I will learn to pace myself!  Some of the accounts can  take 45 days (including waiting time) to actually complete so it’s not cut and dried.  Others are handled in a matter of minutes.

There actually is a set of priorities since, depending on the type of account, i have guidelines on how long some of the accounts are supposed to be worked.

I have discovered the pleasure of a bottle of “Gold Peak diet sweet tea” .  Almost sounds like a contradiction in terms (an oxymoron perhaps) but it is wonderful.  I was surprised to find it is made by Coke.  There is no indication on the bottle.

I only drink one per day (normally when I am “in the field” as part of a lunch desert.  My “lunch” (in the field) normally is a small container of salt free cashews, peanuts etc. and a breakfast type bar, followed by a bottle of Gold Peak dies sweet tea).  

Depending on the situation,  i occasionally will stop at McDonalds for a  parfait and coffee or Taco Bell for two “frito burritos” and a cup of coffee.

Oddly enough, Taco Bell has one of the best cupa of coffee of any restaurant, and I am a lover of great coffee.  They brew a “single cup” and so it is really a fresh, great cup of coffee.  McDonalds also has good coffee, as long as you ask them if it is fresh.  (95% of the time, they will say “I’ll make a new pot”, if it isn’t fresh, which has endeared me to McDonalds coffee)

Taco Bell brews it a cup at a time and, thus far, it has been perfect.

I became attached to “Sweet Tea” in Memphis (where they really know how to make tea!) when I got a glass by accident.  Until I stopped as a weight saving practice, I always got sweet tea. 

So, I am so glad to find a diet sweet tea I like! 

Somehow, when I am “in the field” I become like everyone else working here.  Somehow you become involved in the process and rarely actually take a break or stop for lunch.  I get wrapped up in the process.

Even if I stop for lunch, I work during lunch, usually on my computer, trying to catch up with the paperwork.  

There is a LOT of documentation and paperwork involved in the process (whether  in the field or in the office) and a slow computer connection is a real aggravation.  Wifi is usually great, but the “air card” is slow and we frequently lose the connection.  

Weather is back to “normal” (at least for here), which is nice, although i am already ready for Spring!

I am sure there will be a few more “winter events” to live through before summer comes.  That is another beauty of the “home office”, I don’t need to worry too much about the weather since my “commute” involves just going into my office!

That’s it for now, Thursday, November 20, 2014.








No comments: