Saturday, November 29, 2014

Fall 2014 November 29 Saturday (Happy Birthday Kali!)



56 degrees this morning 55:55 minutes walking, no  earthquake

Happy Birthday Kali!  15 years old today.  Time really does go fast!  Hope you have a great day!  

Still keeping up with “My Fitness Pal”.  The reading (of what I have eaten) may not be very pretty, but at least I am generally keeping track of what I eat.

Portion control may be a problem.  I have a food scales I need to get ready and start using, at least for the food items I eat very often.  

I especially want to make sure I measure the amount of peanut butter right that I eat (since I normally eat it at least once a day).  I am interested in other nutrition almost as much as calories.

After moving and still having stuff I need to donate or throw away, I had absolutely no interest in shopping on Thanksgiving Friday or today.  I have enough stuff and need no more “stuff” until I wear out or donate what I have.  

Even clothes are amazing how long they last.  Many clothes continue to look nice for years, others tend to still be wearable, but not other than  just for causal wear.

I am always surprised at how long my exercise clothes have lasted.  They seem to maintain as decent to wear for years.  I have some clothes that are almost 40 years old.

I have to admit, if I had known how long they wee going to last, I would have been more careful in what I  selected!  I do have some times I have to replace (the items that fit over my mouth etc, mainly because they start to develop an unpleasant odor, even though I wash them after every wearing.  

Even when I was a child, I’d start t cough in cold weather.  I found out years later that I had “exercised induced asthma”, and covering my mouth when I walked helped prevent it.  I also use some “puffs”. 

The puffs used to be very inexpensive and then (get this), the price, even with insurance quadrupled because the FTC (or some federal agency) decreed that the old container was dangerous to the environment.  

Of course it so happened that only one company could make the container they required, so the price increased by 4 times.  Hmmmmm.  I wonder why. 

I believe in protecting the environment, but I expect the # of people who couldn’t afford the medicine and were coughing (or got sick) were a lot worse for the environment that the little bit from the original containers.  

No counting, the amount of paper and ink consumed in the paperwork and the cost of materials for the new container. 

At least, this was the story the pharmacist told me and I believe it.

Learned a few new things about my iPhone (and iPad and Macbook) today.  I have had “Evernote” for years, but I know I don’t get the maximum benefit from Evernote.  

I actually use it quite a bid, but not near as much as I should.  

Again, Happy Birthday Kali!  


That’s it for now, Saturday, November 29, 2014

No comments: