Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fall 2014 November 15 Saturday



32 degrees this morning. 56: 31 minutes walking three earthquakes in past 24 hours 

Cold weather continues .Supposedly, it may snow over the weekend (now it is forecast for Sunday).  I dressed a  little too warm this morning for exercise.  

Our driveway is relatively steep, so we are a little concerned about snow and ice, but i assume we’ll make it out one way or another.

Completing two weeks of my “home office” and being “in the field” from my home office and I  really like it.  

I enjoy the research etc. and I actually really enjoy the work while I”m “in the field”.  Even when circumstances aren’t exactly pleasant, I enjoy it,

It would really be hard to imagine a better job for me, at least at this stage of my life.  I enjoy always having something different to do, the independence and even the activity reporting we do to justify where and how we document what we have done.

I’m not sure what it is, perhaps the fact that it is something completely different every day and I never know what the day will bring.

The work is also challenging since every situation is slightly (or more than slightly) different.  

I also like all of the people I work with, although I rarely see them now.  

Not to say what happened a year ago was “for the best”.  It absolutely wasn’t, but what happens, happens, and I was lucky.

Still moving in the sense that we still have lot of stuff  to move, donate etc, but at last it is getting smaller every day!

Listening to a book “Gulp” by Mary Roach.  It concerns (to some degree) why we eat what we eat, what happens to what we eat etc.  

She goes into the design of pet food and the wide variety  of ways used to determine how to market pet food, which is marketed more to the owners than to the pets.  

She describes how they have a “panel” of 300 dogs and cats and how they measure the animals reaction to various designs of food.


That’s it for now, Saturday, November 15, 2014

No comments: