Saturday, June 25, 2016

2016 Summer June 25 Saturday


Up at 3:02 a.m., walk 36:22 minutes

Two years ago, we were in the process of moving to this area.  While I generally count July 2 as the date we actually moved (that is when the moving van arrived and we actually “moved” in), we actually left Lakeland June 23 and stayed in a motel and then stayed in an empty house with an air mattress.  

It seems like forever and yet it also seems like a short time ago.  

Certainly we could not have forecast the events of the past two years

In a way moving is (psychologically, it is never easy physically) easier than it used to be.  Facebook, unlimited long distance, the internet etc. allow you to move and yet still keep up with friends and events.  

Called four sprinkler companies thus far.  Only one has bothered to return my call.  And we just called him because we saw his truck at a neighbors house.  

I realize they are busy, but it seems like from a public relations standpoint they would at least return your call and say they didn’t have time.  Maybe that is too counterproductive.  However, I do know three sprinkler system companies I will never call again, not that they will care anyway.

Sitting out on the patio. While I really  like the room and setup  etc. where I write in winter, there is something about sitting out on the patio in the early morning, listening to the wind and  the occasional bug etc.  

Spaces can really affect our lives.  I know living in a house with a forest behind it was much more relaxing than living in a house looking at five houses looming over you (I never spent much time on the patio at that house) to now where there is a large separation between the other houses.   

I also think looking at a 6’ foot high “dogear” fence is rather depressing.  Here we have a fence but it is basically a  4’ high fence which provides a sense of living among the environment rather than the sense of living in a cocoon that a 6’ dogear fence gives you.  

Of course, I prefer the “no fences” environment with the forest we had in Lakeland

We have noticed something strange about elections here.  It almost seems as if the elections are kept quiet.  Certainly a school bond issue was kept very quiet and we later learned they were building a 90 million dollar football stadium with it!  It was one of those elections on a Tuesday in February (I don’t recall the exact date), but even at the time we mentioned it was almost  like they didn’t want anyone to vote.

I am getting the same impression now.  “Early Voting” is  little publicized (this is for the Primary) and no information is provided on polls etc.  Of course, the information is available, but not publicized like Memphis did. 

I don’t agree that “voting” as such should be encouraged.  I do believe “informed” voting (whatever the side of an issue) should be encouraged.  

Another dream to note, this one a snippet. 

6-24-16:

Another realistic dream.  I wonder where I would be in my dream if I napped for 7 more minutes.

Dot’t recall a lot of of this dream.

We were climbing a long stairs  like what you see in churches and City Halls etc.  .  Katherine (my granddaughter) was still little (probably about 10 years old) and she insisted on climbing up the stairs on the wrong side of the railing and I was concerned she would fall off.

Aliene was with me.

That’s all I remember


That’s it for now, Saturday, June 25, 2016. 

No comments: