Friday, June 10, 2016

2016 Spring June 10 Friday


62 degrees this morning.  While I didn’t “officially” walk yesterday, according to my iPhone, I put on 20,541 “iPhone steps” or about 6.4 miles, double my “average”.  When you include the hills it was probably even more!

Friday already!  I look back at the week and wonder where it went, just as I expected would happen!

This is the second day the CMA Fest.  Crowds seem a  little less this year, maybe because there are more venues and people are more spread out.

Although the sun was out with an unblinking eye (no clouds), it wasn’t all that hot, although it was in the low eighties.  When you are anticipating more, when it doesn’t come, it doesn’t feel near as hot!

Nashville is a fun place to walk.  When   you walk downtown, you can hear the music from each bar.  However, since I drink only water or coffee, it makes it difficult to listen.  While I can eat something, I can only eat so much!

In addition to the scheduled  performances, each business schedules their own performances, the Grand Old Opry schedules special performances every night, and numerous fan clubs have special events.  So, there is a lot of music!

Yesterday was ok, we didn’t really see anyone perform during the day that was our favorite or memorable, but the night concert was good.

Of course, as usual, some people decided to stand up a large part of the time and this year they were in front of us.  It seems they should have sections for people who stand and those who don’t want to.  

That, as much as anything, will probably be a main reason we quit attending, although there is a lot to do during the day and at least we can still hear the music at night.  However, I think it is discourteous and almost a bullying tactic to stand up all the time.  (There is a section where you expect to stand up almost the whole time, but we are in cheaper seats than that!)

Today, there are quite a few performances I am looking forward to during the day.  They have an area where performances are either by “up and coming” singers or by singers who, for whatever reason, aren’t quite as popular as they once were.  

We frequently hang out there for a  large part of the day.  It is enjoyable to see the “up and coming” and also to see the familiar faces and hear familiar songs.  

It doesn’t hurt that it is inside and cool etc!

Nashville usually has a lot of homeless  people on the streets.  They are normally younger than usual, I assume they are people who came to Nashville to connect  as a signer or songwriter and it just didn’t work out, somehow the Wheel of Fortune didn’t stop at the right place for them, or maybe their talent wasn’t quite right.
I am always surprised at the number of performers on the “big stage” (the stage that basically means you are a “Star”, are expected to soon be a  Star” or have been as “Star”, who say “last year I was in the nosebleed seats  watching etc.”  (last night I think she said “3 years ago”.

I believe it takes a combination of having the talent, making the right connections and also pure luck in being in the right place at the right time.  

I like to take pictures during the day.  I normally take most of them with my “regular” camera.  No matter how good the iPhone camera is, it is not near as good aa my “regular” camera at long distance shoots.  

Of course, the big problem is what ti delete and how to organize the photos.  


That’s it for now, Friday, June 10, 2016.

No comments: