Wednesday, June 15, 2016

2016 Spring June 15 Wednesday


79 degrees this morning, walk 34:53 minutes 

Sitting outside on the back patio this morning, first time in this house.  It is nice, has a nice breeze etc.

The “bonus room” (where I have my weights etc.and take my early morning nap) is so nice I hadn’t even thought about the patio until this morning.  

I don’t know how the environment affects what I write in my posts.  I am sure it affects it in some way.

For example, I can hear some wind chimes, which are kind of background music and not intrusive.  They aren’t continuous, just occasionally.  

We have some wind chimes that we have put up from time to time.  I end up taking them down either because they become too noisy from the wind or I feel they may be bothering the neighbors.

In a perfect world, I wouldn’t have to worry about that.  If the  neighbors were bothered by the wind chimes, they would tell me and I would, of course, take steps to make sure they didn’t bother the neighbors.

Of course, what ends up happening, is that I worry about bothering my neighbors, but don’t want to ask them, and they (if they are bothered) won’t tell me for fear I will get upset but complain about  their*&(()%$# neighbor!  

In all reality, the chimes probably don’t bother them, they  may even like them.  

A perfect example of “speaking up” was at the CMA Fest.  Someone near us started smoking a cigarette, of course which is strictly forbidden. 

Aliene looked around, saw the culprit and told her (I assume in her best teacher voice!)-“You’re the one smoking, you put out that cigarette! “  She further advised her if she didn’t, she would notify security. 

Of course the smoker said she had asked everyone around her and they agreed, but Aliene said she hadn’t asked her and it bothered her!
(The woman later apologized for smoking).  

It will make a good story if nothing else and we weren’t bothered by cigarette smoke!  It does pay to speak up.

Of course, it will also make a good story which I will probably embellish throughout the years!  Actually, it doesn’t take much embellishment to make a good story, I was there and I was really proud of her!

Of course, when someone asks if it is “ok if she smokes” (or whatever), she is actually putting everyone else on the “don’t want to offend” spot, because even if it really doesn’t bother them, they don’t want to say it does.

Settling back into “normal life” again, if there is such a thing.  Yesterday I tried to catch up on work, which is always interesting.  

Today will be a “field day”, it will be  interesting, since the forecast is for the nineties. 

That’s it for now, Wednesday, June 15,2016

No comments: