Thursday, June 23, 2016

2016 Summer June 23 Thursday


80 degrees this morning, walk 34: 30 minutes

Thinking of “Trust” this morning.  As an example of how lack of trust can cost,  a place I know (no names of course)  is so concerned about the few employees who may not be productive that they require all employees to take such detailed records that it probably takes about 25% of your time just to provide you are keeping busy!  

What is so strange is there are many ways of measuring productivity and spending 25% of your time on unnecessary paperwork just isn’t the way to do it.

Of course, that doesn’t even count the waste of time of supervisors in having the spend an enormous amount of time spying on employees and keeping detailed records of the detailed records of the detailed records at each level!

This isn’t even close to companies who measure keystrokes, steps etc.  What you get is employees who are good at producing keystrokes and steps and not productivity.    And supervisors who are so worried about details they don’t see the overall picture.  

A lot of that must come from “tests” of school children, which basically means teachers have to ‘teach to the test” instead of actually teaching!

Checked with out “home warranty” company who bragged about how they cover so much.  Even the sprinkler control box isn’t covered.  Of course, how could I be so stupid as to think they would cover some thing like that that is, in my opinion certainly a major part of the house!

In all fairness, I know they won’t cover things like the sprinkler system itself, and sprinkler control boxes aren’t specifically mentioned as covered or not covered (although they couldn’t explain why it was on the pull down menu as a covered item).  

Vagueness is an insurance company way of avoiding having to pay claims. 

Or they couldn’t explain why no one bothered to notify us that it wasn’t covered, which give our grass and shrubs etc. another five days to burn up.

Read with some amusement an article in the local newspaper which was written in a tone of awe that “old people actually exercise”.  This with “old people” being people over 50!  

I guess the writer thinks that anyone over 50 automatically stops all exercise.  

One focus was on people who exercised after injury or a heart attack etc., which was interesting, but I was surprised at the writers tone of awe that “old people-over 50 yet-actually exercised!”.  

I may be too sensitive and reading too much into it.  

Last night we talked to a young woman who proudly said she and her 73 year old grandmother “get their nails and toes painted the same color”. Says something good about both of them, I think!

Another dream, a short one, or at least what I remember is short:

6-22-16:

Dreamed having problems with my computer (laptop).  It would hang up.

Took it in to the person I used for computer repairs.  (In real life I just take my computers to Apple for repair). 

The man (an “old” man), didn’t seem interested and when I started telling him about the problem and  laid down on his back like he was taking a nap..  I asked him if he was too busy and if he was ready and he said go ahead.

Angela as a young girl was with me and went someplace else.

He listened, got up and marked the computer with a tag.  I was wondering how many days I would be without it.

That is all I remember.   


That’s it for now, Thursday, June 23, 2016.

No comments: