Tuesday, June 14, 2016

2016 Spring June 14 Tuesday



76 degrees this morning, Walk 35:23 minutes

Weather app forecasted rain this morning, but decided to walk anyway, since it has been wrong so much.  There actually is a slight sprinkle right now, (after my walk) but nothing big.  

In a week, it will be “Summer 2016” and the days (of daylight) will start to shorten ever so slightly every day until it is Winter again!  A good reason to fully enjoy each day as it happens!

Our journey is over, we had fun.  A lot of highlights, and very few negative experiences.  Drove a total of 1829 miles, averaged around 39.2 miles per gallon.  It felt good to  see friends and experience the areas we are familiar with.

Our title time traveling (including meeting some friends for breakfast and our many breaks et.) was about 14 1/2 hours.  Not bad overall.  

The trip felt familiar, since we have taken it many times even if it has been two years since we last went on the route.  So much was unchanged and it was like being transported into the past.

I was back “home” about 30 minutes when I suddenly realized I had been free of congestion, etc. during the past eleven days and  I suddenly had it again, within 30 minutes of my arrival.  I may need to change my allergy medicine!  

In one of those “where was our minds” moments we left a large (grocery size bag) of shoes etc. in the hotel room.  The bag was a pink bag the size of a the a grocery store large paper bag, so it was hard to see how we missed it!

Hopefully, the hotel will return it at a moderate cost.  Noting really valuable, but a lot of items we would miss.  

Aliene had a lot of shoes in the bag and I had my “ex” walking shoes that I was just staring to wear of causal wear and a new pair of scandals, that, in all honesty, I don’t really care for, but I can wear them in the rain etc.

I think they are made so they are waterproof, but they also get hot to wear. 

Looking forward to enjoying the summer heat.  I am so glad summer weather is here. It is not that winter and spring are so bad, it is just that it is miserable weather.  

First real “walk” in 11 days went well.  It was good to just get out and walk and listen to my book again.  Currently listening to “War and Peace”  and I managed to just get right back into the story.  

I haven’t read a newspaper (well excepting an occasional USA Today) since June 2.  I basically just read them on the internet.  It may well be time to go completely electronic, at least for all but the local paper 

In a way, it is easier to read them on the internet, andI I don’t have to worry about having to recycle them etc.  Still, there is something about a physical newspaper….

I think one “problem” is that with just internet news, it is so easy to just skip it,or just glance at the headlines and not really read the paper. 

We shall see.

Good to be back home, even from a very fun and enjoyable road trip.  There were so many high points I can’t mention them and the few low points aren’t worth while remembering, except for any lessons learned.


That’s it of now, Tuesday, November 14, 2016.

No comments: