Saturday, June 18, 2016

2016 Spring June 18 Saturday


82 degrees this morning, walk 34:10 minutes 

We have found that our sprinkler system is completely defective, probably needs a new controller box.  Also some of the sprinkler heads actually are outside the fence and only water the fence!

II won’t go into what we think of the “inspector” who was too lazy to check whether the system was actually “winterized” or the sellers who apparently flat lied and knowingly covered up the defects.  Live and learn.  

In spite of all that, we enjoy the house.  It will be an expensive lesson, but it is a mistake we won’t make again.  We should have been tipped off when we had to insist the inspector get a key to inspect some of the HVAC in the attic!  

Of course, now the really hard  part will be finding a competent person to fix the sprinkler system (or anything).  We know there are a lot of good people in the business, it is just avoiding the few who are  incompetent or just lazy  and want the money without the work.  

We looked at “Angie’s List” and of course the first one we called couldn’t be bothered to call back, even just to tell us they are too busy.   

Lightning to the west.  Maybe it will rain until we can get it fixed!

We were indecisive about buying tickets for the CMA Fest next year.  We finally did, we know we can sell them if we decide not to go.  We enjoy it, but the blatant greed of the hotels etc. is a little hard to take, as is the conduct of some of the attendees.  

Somehow we left a big “pink” bag in the hotel room. The hotel staff was very nice and sent it to us. I’m still now sure how we missed  a big pink bag! 

I got a pair of scandals which hopefully can deal with wet weather and be comfortable for awhile.  They were supposed to be here for the CMA Fest, but weren’t.  I am wearing them on a continuous basis hoping find any problems before the warranty is over! 

Of course I also have a 90 day “guarantee” from the credit card company in that if I want take to  an item back, and the business won’t take them back, the credit card company will take them back.

Of course, there is probably an exception for scandals, clothing etc.!  I didn’t real the fine print, but then it is what it is.

I have accumulated enough “cash back” on one credit card with “double cash back” that I can start thinking of an I-Pad Pro or an Apple Watch.  Of course, I am waiting for the “upgrade” for each before I do anything although the iPad Pro is probably the more useful right now.  Then I am debating the “small” iPad Pro or the big one.  

Of course, then I have to decide if I want a “Wifi” only, what storage capacity I want, etc.  It may be better to just get a “hot spot” and the Wifi only, since Wifi is so widely available.

Two years ago we were packing and getting ready to move, although even then we weren’t sure of the exact moving date.  I really hope we don’t need to move for a long time!   Of course, we have trimmed our “things” down to the point moving is much easier.  

I am still going through clothes, books etc. with the view of “throwing” or giving away more stuff and I really try not to accumulate anything I don’t need or absolutely have to have.  

It is still difficult to “toss” or give away some things, not because of the item, but because of the attachment of the experience to it.  

Glad the weekend is here. 


That’s it for now Saturday, June 18, 2016.

No comments: