Thursday, June 16, 2016

2016 Spring June 16 Thursday (Happy Birthday Vincent!)



80 degrees this morning, walk 35:44 minutes (a little estimated since I forgot to turn off my watch)

A Happy Birthday to my oldest brother, Vincent.  

This is really my kind of weather, hot!  80 degrees this morning was great as was the 97 degrees or so it got yesterday.  

I was a little concerned about the “field day” yesterday and the hot weather, but actually it worked out well.  

Sitting on the patio again this morning, feeling the cool breeze wafting through the back yard.  I wouldn’t enjoy the cool breeze if it wasn’t for the hot weather!  Of course, later on today, the cool breeze will be a hot breeze!

This winter, at some point between January and April I am going to go someplace HOT to get away from the cold weather!  I’m not sure where, but I will figure it out!  

We have finally given up and decided we need to get a sprinkler person out.  While I really feel like watering lawns for grass or plants that aren’t native to the area is a waste of good water, I have to at least act like I really care if the lawn is green or not.  

One reason I do water is because I hate to see the plants etc. wither away from not having enough water.  

Before our vacation, it was raining enough it didn’t matter, of course the minute we left…..no more rain, just hot weather!

Before I forgot, I wanted to note the performances we saw Sunday at the CMA Fest

Arron Tippin, he really didn’t perform any of my favorites, but it was enjoyable.  His hair has turned grey since the last time we saw him, but that’s life.

Also saw Ashton Shepherd and Marty Brown after Arron Tippin

I went to see Julie Roberts (not the actress).  She had a hit years ago, (actually when we first started going to CMA Fest) and never has managed to have another hit.  I always feel a little sorry for performers that happens to, especially when they are good.  She was performing  in 90 degree weather, which is amazing in itself.  It was a good performance.

Also saw Keith Anderson, who we first saw at one of our first CMA Festivals.  Again, he is good, but never really broke through, at least in my opinion.  I enjoyed his show although I spent the last half under a shade tree!

I should mention, all of the performances are around 20 to 30 minutes, with a few exceptions.

At the night concert we saw Ray Stevens (national anthem), Exile and Little Big Town.  We didn’t see Keith Urban and Luke Bryan because we had to get ready for an early start Monday morning.  

I always wonder how it will be to start working again after a relatively long time away. Of course, it is almost like you haven’t been away.  

I always enjoy it when I make a “breakthrough” in understanding my job, especially when I suddenly find I can explain a relatively complicated task.  I actually had two such breakthroughs in the last two days (able to explain something so someone who doesn’t work with it all the time has an “ah ha” moment and understands it!

Maybe going on a vacation is a good idea!  Actually I know it is essential to get away, but it is nice to have some proof that it helps also!


That’s it for now, Thursday, June 16, 2016.

No comments: