Sunday, June 19, 2016

2016 Spring June 19 Sunday


75 degrees this morning walked 35:36 miles

Strange how much difference 5-7 degrees makes!  It felt rather “cool” this morning, even at 75 degrees after several days of walking in 80-82 degree weather.  

Still listening to War and Peace.  I am having a harder time keeping track of everyone in the novel, but I figure I can listen to the end and maybe go back and read it.  Or maybe listen to it again sometime!  

It is kind of like watching a movie, or reading a book for that matter.  When you watch, listen or read it again, you are amazed at how much you missed the first time!

I actually like to listen to some books twice, just for that reason, but time-wise, it is hard to find the time to do so.  

If I listened while I was driving the car for work, it would give me several more hours per week, but I”m not ready to quit listening to my mixture of music, news etc. on XM Radio.  

On a road trip (or any trip for that matter), a good book to listen to can really make the time pass.  We had a very good book we listened to from Knoxville to hone (and actually just finished listening to it yesterday), which really made the time pass.  We actually got it at some point between Knoxville and Nashville.  

We usually listen to Audible books I downloaded,but for some reason the hotel wifi wouldn’t cooperate on transferring some new books from the iCloud to my device, so we had to resort to the old method of renting a book from Cracker Barrel. 

I have enough books downloaded i probably can never listen to them, but I still have a problem finding a book for us to listen to on a road trip.  (I have a lot of non-fiction books).  

Kind of like having a lot of clothes but nothing to wear or 500  TV channels but nothing to watch!

I listen to the non-fiction (on my walk) in 1.25% time, which works well.

Strange dream last night, it even woke me up, but of course, since I didn’t write it down, I don’t remember any of it. 

I did write this dream down from my nap yesterday morning.

6-18-16:  Dream

Dreamed Aliene and I were on a beach someplace.  

We were walking in to eat and a couple walking ahead of us. the man tripped and fell back and I jumped up and held him and stopped him from falling down.

They didn’t evan look at me as they went into the door, and after we went in, I mentioned to Aliene that I had saved him from a big  fall and they didn’t even thank me or acknowledged me.

I remember real details of the man, he was  tall, bald and had a white beard, with sections  cut out from the chin line.

In another scene, we were looking out of our hotel window at a car race below us.

In another scene, we were at a performance.  It was the ending and the crowd left when the performers were performing them final song as they went out the door.  

Oprah Winfrey   came in, in a bright red dress, and Ir remember telling someone that they would be sorry that they left and I had never seen her in person before.  I”m not sure what she talked about. (I still have never seen her in person either)

Later as we were driving down a street (in what appeared boy be Choctaw, Ok, for some ungodly reason), we heard sirens and there was a parade of “street rods’, the colorful old cars they paint in bright colors. 

Can’t remember anything else, but it was a very vivid dream that I felt I needed to write down.


That’s it for now, Sunday, June19, 2016.  Happy Fathers Day to all of us fathers!

No comments: