Saturday, June 04, 2016

2016 Spring June 4 Saturday (On the Road, post 2)

2016 Spring June 4 Saturday (On the Road, post 2)

In Memphis, drove in this morning from Clarksville, Arkansas, one of our favorite motels.  

Trip this morning was good, even with a light rain.  

Amazing how familiar everything feels, like it hasn’t been two years almost) since we drove that route.  Just fits like an old glove.

I always liked the drive out here, with the different terrain throughout.  

I always like to see the Memphis skyline from the west (Mississippi River view).  

Main difference now is there is a Bass Pro store (probably more than just a “store”), that you can actually go the top and see the Mississippi and Memphis (and probably Arkansas and Mississippi) from the top.

Sitting outside at Starbucks.  The weather is nice, with a touch of moisture (well more than a touch) in the air.  Actually have had enough coffee this morning.

Ate at Cracker-barrel for the first time in a long time.  I was surprised they didn’t have wifi and worse yet, one of the only restaurants I know that won’t let me substitute a small pancake instead of a muffin or biscuit etc.  

It will seem strange not to have to worry about work.  Not that I won’t check my e-mail and voice mail (I will), but i really don’t need to worry about anything.  

We stopped at a McDonalds east of Little Rock.  I was surprised to check on Yelp and find out I’ve “checked in” there 28 times!  That doesn’t include all of the items I didn’t bother or forgot to “check in “.  

Some idiot is smoking on the Starbucks patio in spite of all the “no smoking” signs out on the patio.  

Moved inside to get out of the smoking, not near as nice inside (too cool).  Could complain, but….


That’s it for Post 2, Saturday, June 4, 201i6.

No comments: