Thursday, June 02, 2016

2016 Spring June 2 Thursday



67 degrees this morning.  No walk (light rain)

Sometimes I wonder about passwords for web sites.  It almost seems like they are changed in-between visits, or the system just doesn’t work.  I am sure I know the password (I even write them down) and they still don’t work.

What is so strange is the most meaningless sites have the most odd password requirements.

I used to think it was just me, but the biggest complaint I hear on my job is that the password won’t work on the web site or more specifically on their individual or business internet account.  .  

Hopefully the password system will be replaced by something else in the very near future1  

I can understand the need for a strong password on some web sites, but it seems it should be up to the user how to set up their password.   When a too stringent  password is required, it usually defeats the purpose anyway, since people write it down on a sticky and put it on the computer.  

I probably need to get a password management program, but deciding which one is tough  

Regarding my Amazon experiment on “unlimited data storage”, so far it has been ok, except that I am having difficulty uploading all of my data..  I will keep working with it and learn how to proceed.  

Probably the worst thing with web sites is their pathetic lack of help.  They usually won’t provide a phone number and won’t respond to e-mail, or only with some cryptic message you can’t understand, telling you to “reload this’, download that etc.  to the point you just give up.  

While i haven’t dealt with Amazon help (I’m about to see), the Audible help is excellent, whether by e-mail, chat or phone.  (Audible is owned by Amazon.)

Yesterday, I heard that Apple Computer may delay “major upgrades” to once every three years rather than the current once every two years.  

I wish they had told me that before I “rented” the phone!  The “minor” upgrades are simply not worth upgrading the phone for.  I probably will just go ahead and (resentfully) buy the phone (by not upgrading) and bail out of the program.  The phone companies offer much better deals.

If the 2016 iPhone upgrade is a “major” upgrade, I’ll take all I said back!

I see some of the commercials on tv for some programs and I have to wonder, who really watches this junk?  (I won’t mention any specifics!). I’m sure some people would say the same thing about my viewing habits!

The weather has just been continual clouds with occasional rain. I am ready for true Summer weather!  

I am trying to slow down and enjoy the Summer (when it actually starts).  I really don’t even have to slowdown, all I need to do is be aware of each day, each moment for that matter and appreciate it.  

I have been pondering (maybe not the right word) about the fact it has been two short years since we moved.  I think a time warp is created bit the number of changes in that short time.  


That’s it for now, Thursday, June 2, 2016.

No comments: