Monday, December 28, 2015

Winter 2015 December 28 Monday



30 degrees this morning (19 “ WC):  No walk, icy roads still have cough.

Freezing rain all night, slick roads this morning, still supposed to snow part of day.  

One of those days I am so glad I have a “home office” I don’t have any excuses for starting work late but I don’t mind at all!

We still have electricity, at least for right now.  We appreciate it from minute to minute!  

This is the time of year when people begin to realize a new “year” is upon us and Christmas is truly over for this year (in spite of the “12 days of Christmas” which we somewhat observe in that our Christmas decorations stay up for the allotted time.    I have never understood the people that put up extensive Christmas decorations and then efficiently take them down the day after Christmas.

It will  take a while to write ’2016”, I expect, just like it took at while to get used to 2015.  

This week is kind of like a transition week to the next year.  Thank goodness it is a 3 day weekend  this year for New Year Day.  Actually New Year Day will be a 3 day weekend for the next couple of years.  Since 2016 is a “Leap Year”, New Year Day next year will be on a Sunday.   

“No payments until 2016!”  Had to laugh at the car dealer ad I just saw.  No payments until 2016 is’t a lot of incentive right now!  Usually don’t watch tv early in the morning, am this morning so I can keep up with the weather  and the transformers blowing up from the ice and wind.

I assume that is an ad that has been around for awhile.

Last night I didn’t feel an earthquake, but I certainly heard it.  It was a 3.5 magnitude and it was very loud, although it didn’t rattle anything.  

Apparently the electricity came on right as the earthquake happened for many residents and the power company quickly denied any relationship between electricity and earthquakes. 

On the other hand, the noise sounded like a transformer blowing up (although our electricity was n’t affected), so maybe the earthquake and power are related although I am sure the earthquake and the power coming on aren’t related!  

Just got a notice on my phone that snow will begin in five minutes, so the final (hopefully) phase of the storm is starting.  

Finished the book on “oxygen”, it had some interesting ideas although as usual with such books, I have no interest in some of the more extreme exercises etc.

I am going to try to breathe through my nose a lot more and I’ll see what happens.  I think it may help my breathing and also may mitigate some of my coughing problems from cold air.  I’ll see.  

As this bout with Bronchitis eventually gets over, my main focus will be on preventing another bout, this is just too long to have to stop exercising, endure coughing and related actions etc.  

Hopefully the electricity will stay on and the roads will clear up later today.  Since we don’t necessarily “have” to drive, we don’t worry about it and just wait it out as much as possible.  I may have to use some of the ice salt I have been been carrying around for 1 and 1/2 years or the snow shovel I bought! 


That’s it for now, Monday, December 28, 2015.

No comments: