Saturday, December 12, 2015

Fall 2015 December 12 Saturday


63 degrees this morning, walk 38:52 minutes

63 degrees and still feels somewhat cool, although at times it was also hot, depending on the wind.  

At some point it had rained lightly, leaving the ground and pavement wet.  I hesitated about walking due to the possible muddy streets etc., but decided to go ahead and walk anyway.  I avoided most of the muddy spots.  

I know the shoes (at least walking shoes) can be washed, but I would hate to not have them while they dry.  I guess the next time it rains or snows I could wash them, so they would be dry when the weather improved!

My shoes just passed the halfway point of their extended life expectancy.  Supposedly, the other shows would be close to replacement stage.

Actually, the shoes feel very good.  Of course, any deterioration would be so gradual hat I probably wouldn’t notice it.  Thinking about it, they still have some nice “spring” left, but nothing like when they are new.  Or maybe it is my imagination, although it is logical that at their halfway point they wouldn’t wear like brand new shoes.

Taking my Mac Air in today for either good or bad news.  Hopefully it won’t cost too much to fix.  I’ve already decided I’m not getting a new one if it is completely fried, at least until the new models come out.  I’ll just buy a cheap rebuilt PC and call it done until the new Mac Air model comes out.

One problem I have with Apple products is the way they “obsolete” products so fast.  I have to wonder about the ethics of that.  

Apple is dropping the “one to one” program, which is one of the main reasons I kept buying Apple products.  They are substituting more “workshops” which may be just as good, but not the same.  

Of course, I never liked the local Apple store as much as I liked the Memphis Apple Store.  The Memphis Apple Store seemed to have more dedicated personnel who were really excited about sharing their knowledge.  The  personnel at the local Apple store here are good, but you know it is just a job to most of them, and they may as well be selling shoes.  My opinion anyway.

I wonder how the managers of the Apple store in Memphis ingrained that culture in all personnel and the local Apple store didn’t?  As far as I can tell the customers are about the same etc.  

Famous questions that are never answered!  

Sometimes I wonder about the dedication of some of the personnel i work with, considered the low pay of some positions.  They have a lot more dedication and loyalty than many persons who are paid much better.  So much for money being a reward for good work or incentives. 
Aliene was busy yesterday making her “Christmas Fudge”.  I always help a little and get to “lick” the bowl as a reward!  The reward is very good compensation for what little work I do!  She had a wonderful bunch of fudge this year and the cranberry sauce is out of this world also.  

Her fudge and cranberry sauce are two things that I ignore calories on, although we try to be careful about the quantity we eat!

The weekend.  It is nice to have several days off, and it is nice to have a job I look forward to and enjoy. 


That’s it for now, Saturday, December 12, 2015.

No comments: