Thursday, December 17, 2015

Fall 2015 December 17 Thursday



27 degrees this morning, Walk 38:52 minutes

Trying to concentrate on breathing through my nose during my exercise etc.  Actually, swimming, weights and situps are relatively easy since there is a rhythm to it, in that I can develop an inhale/outhale pattern.

Breathing through my nose while walking or bicycling is a different story. 
I noted that my default is to breath through my mouth, which could be the reason for sore throats etc.  I am really concentrating on beating through y nose while walking and cycling, but it is something I have to continually concern on.  

I noted that the mouth sweater I wear (I never can remember what it is actually called) is an easy way to determine if I have been breathing through my mouth or not.  

I am not sure, but I think if I start breathing through my mouth, my lifelong problem with “exercise induced asthma” may be resolved.  Since it is a lot worse in cold weather, I figure the cold air directly to my lungs (rather than be filtered through my note equipment) may be one problem.

Anyway, I’ll keep working on it.  I really had no idea I breathed trough m mouth so much.

Started listening to the “Country Music Christmas” on Sirius radio (sometimes, I still am a passionate fan of CNBC) and realized I really enjoyed hearing Christmas music from some of my favorite performers.  However I also enjoy the standard Christmas music.

It seems I look forward to the opportunity to listen to Christmas music, and then Christmas is here and gone before I know i!

Apple called and my Mac Air was back.  I was very surprised at how fast they were.  Now the hassle of “restoring” everything!

I think the ten year old iMac has completed it’s task.  It  has developed a loud noise, which I expect is the power supply, but it is hardly worth while fixing it up.

When you think about it, a computer, car etc. doesn’t “retire” as such, it’s only “retirement” is basically a junk yard or to be taken apart and used for are parts.  

I am experimenting with my sleep patterns.  I used to take a 28 minute nap in the morning (or shorter) after my walk.  

That has gradually crept up to 40 minutes, since I don’t get the paper until late.  However I was waking up groggy, apparently from sleeping too long.

Anyway, I decided to experiment, I am making a 28 minute nap after my morning walk.  Then I eat breakfast and take another nap after I eat (normally about 15 minutes, but it varies.) until right before I start work.  

That schedule seems to work better and makes me a lot less groggy and ready to start work.

I kind of did this when I had to work in an office.  I’d get there about 20 minutes ahead of time and then taking a 12-15 minute nap in the car before starting work.  

“Field Day” yesterday, with the normal number of “first times”.  People are always interesting!  


That’s it for now, Thursday, December 17, 1215

No comments: