Friday, December 11, 2015

Fall 2015 December 11 Friday



46 degrees this morning, 38:41 minutes walking.

Well, I upgraded my iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6S Plus yesterday.  I haven’t had a chance to play with it much yet as far as new features etc., but I like it. 

My iPhone 5 will join my iPhone 3 and Aliene’s iPhone 3S as “repurposed” gadgets.  I currently use the 3+ for listening on my morning walk and and the 3 for music.  

The iPhone 5 is going to be a remote for our security system and our “audiobook” device when we are driving, so it will be put to good use.

I decided to go with the “lease” system with Apple, I still have the option of buying it  

This (the new iPhone 6S Plus) is actually my work phone.  I carry a separate phone for a number of reasons.  

I am actually thinking of setting up a separate iCloud account for the work phone just to keep them separate.  (I am famous, or maybe infamous for sending text’s to the wrong person!)

So this actually got me off cycle in a way, except I still have personal iPhone 6, that I can upgrade to a 7 next year, or just keep.  Probably I”ll make it my work phone.  

Aliene is fairly happy with her iPhone 5S, which she may or may not upgrade.

Well it finally happened.  I spilled coffee on my Mac Air and it is now a paperweight, or maybe a doorstop.  This happened last night, just after I got my new iPhone!  

Actually I talked with Applecare, and they may be able to fix it (at my expense of course, not covered by Applecare, which is understandable).

While I am upset about being so clumsy, I figure everything happens for a reason.  I know that coffee and white shirts and computers etc. just don’t mix well for me, but…

At first I thought I had got by with i and then the screen started flickering and …..  Anyway, they may be able to fix it, if not I’ll get another and cut somewhere else.

I debated getting a Mac Pro, but the Mac Air light weight has spoiled me.  I can tell the difference in weight even in the Apple store.

I am writing this on my iMac, which is still a great computer, although “obsolete” at 4 years old.  It probably will be the last desktop computer I own, although it has it’s advantages so I don’t really know. 

I thought I was going to have to write this on my iPad, so I expected it will be somewhat shorter than normal, but the iMac is doing fine.  

Probably what I am going to miss most is trying to remember all of my passwords!  I had the Mac Air pretty well trained.  

Of course, I could write a lot on “what if” as far as spilling coffee on the Mac Air.  I just have to say “what is, is” and not worry about it.  I always think if I did something else, maybe something else would have happened!  

Life is too short, as Aliene says, to worry about such things.  Thank goodness it was just a computer and not something that injured Aliene or I or someone else  

Aliene and I were planning on splurging a little and going to Phoenix for a short vacation and see the Cubs play Spring Training.  I have to admit our first reaction to Starlin Castro being traded was we weren’t going, but time goes on.

Actually, we got a treat last Summer being able to watch of one our favorite former Chicago Cub players, Darwin Barney, play in person.  We were sorry he was in AAA Minor Leagues and not the MLB, but we enjoyed watching him,and felt good when he was called up occasionally.

Can’t get my Mac Air in until tomorrow (Saturday) and then will probably be a couple of more days.  I don’t realize how much I use it until I don’t have it!


That’s it for now, Friday, December 11, 2015.

No comments: