Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Fall 2005 December 2 Wednesday


35 degrees this morning.  Walk 39:12 minutes 

Exercise is great, but getting ready to exercise (and showering and putting things away) is what seems to take all the time.  Somehow I need to become more organized so it doesn’t take so long to prepare for exercise.  

I figure if I walk, swim, do the exercise machines and bike, I am spending at least an hour a day just getting ready and putting things away!.  

Of course, I normally don’t do everything every day, but five minutes, here, ten here, it all adds up!  Probably would be more efficient if I ddi it all at once, but maybe not.

The exercise machines will be even more valuable than I thought, at least based on my current experience.  I haven’t even started keeping track of what I do yet, I just do three machines after I swim and do different ones each day.  I actually get sore (not a lot, just enough I know I did something) just from what little I do. 

Thinking about which exercise I could reduce or cut out if I had to, but I think all of them are valuable.  I will work on becoming more organized in getting ready for my exercise, especially walking and bicycling.  

December 2 means we have lived here (in this city) 17 months and I have been working at my job for 14 months.  Time passes, and yet it doesn’t.  

I am always amazed at the number of “apps” and computer programs that are available.  It seems that every day I read or hear about several more “apps” that are popular.  

Some time ago, I realized I didn’t have the time to even review all of the “apps” and programs available, and many that I got I found may not really have any reason to exist as far as I’m concerned.  The time invested is just too much for the results.

On the other hand, there are some amazing apps and computer programs that are a big help.  Finding the right ones without investing too much time and money is the problem!  Some apps and programs take a lot of time and effort to learn, and then your realize they really aren’t worth it.  

On the other hand, sometimes you just learn of one by chance and it is a real benefit.  

Of course there are also programs like  the “collections” on Google + that have a lot of potential, but just provide so much information they are worthless since it takes too much time to sitt through the junk.

I had hoped the sign company (Tyler Signs) that had destroyed the value of about ten houses by their light polluting “video billboard” by shutting off the side facing the houses,  but not such luck.  

I am amazed that it is allowed in residential areas and am somewhat surprised it is allowed in dense commercial areas.  It is an obscene display of arrogance and “profit at all costs” that have ruined this city for residential living.  

I am using an old computer as a “picture display”.  We just let it run, and we have been pleasantly surprised by how some a picture will bring back good memories!  I need to add some more pictures, especially of our trip to China and the past year.  

I should receive the new accounts this morning, which means today will be an interesting “office day” and the next week or so will be busy with new accounts and dealing with the challenge of resolving some new problems or issues.  I am looking forward to it!


That’s it for today, Wednesday, December 2, 2015.

2 comments:

http://writers-house.com/ said...

Exercises are always valuable and inestimable. I do exercises 4 hours a day and don't regret the spent time. This time is spent for my health, not for something I don't get. I wish you all the best with time organization.
Regards,
Tim

Today is Reality said...

Thanks. I admire your dedication and commitment to exercise!