Saturday, December 19, 2015

Fall 2015 December 19 Saturday



36 degrees this morning, no walk, developed head cold.  

That time of year again.  I hate t get a head cold and know I probably have seven days of it a least, especially over Christmas.  I resorted to my favorite treatment, Sufafed and gatorade.  

Actually don’t feel that bad, just don’ t want to feel any worse or develop a bad cough.  

I try to wash my hands often and use the hand sanitizer but I am just around a variety of environments and of course I could have gotten it from anyplace. 

Only two more days until I note it is “Winter 2015” (and then Winter 2016), although at the first of the year I think I will make it  “2016 Winter January 1 Friday” to make it easier to organize.  With the year first, it makes more sense.  

Good to have my Mac Air back.  I really didn’t realize how much I had depended on it, but also it made me aware of the capacity of the iPhone, and even my old iPad, plus my iMac.  

Rather strange, I think I have gotten used to a slightly smaller keyboard and the keyboard for the iMac is somewhat uncomfortable when I first start using it, although I get used to it fast.

I was surprised that the backup actually worked well for the Mac Air.  I believe I recovered almost everything.

Of course, I never know what I really need.  I remember my first computer, I thought I had a lot of essential information on it.  The computer went out and, to my knowledge, I never needed anything I had on it!  

I do need to go through my computers and delete nonessential items. It is so easy to think that I may need it sometime, for a tax return or whatever.  

As I mentioned, the 10 year old iMac developed a loud noise, probably the power supply.  It is basically obsolete, so we are probably just going to make sure all of our information is off of it and let it go.  

Thinking about the book on Woodrow Wilson, it is now in the part about the beginning of WWI.  I am a little surprised at how it is similar to other and even the current times.  At the time I am listening to it, Germany, England etc.are at war and Germany is torpedoing civilian ships and killing a lot of Americans and civilians.  (I checked, and “torpedoing” is the correct spelling!)

Of course, Wilson’s environment has two sides, (at least) those who want to immediately go to war and those who don’t want any part of it.  I guess times change but people don’t.

I am amazed at how much time the Presidents had back then.  I read about the long vacations they take etc., and it seems odd they would have so much time.  At least Wilson and Theodore Roosevelt.  Also Wilson had to spend hours writing love letters to his second wife while he was trying to get her to marry him.  Noting wrong with it, it just takes a lot of time!


Not that taking vacations or time off, or writing love letters for that matter, 
is bad,

 I think there were be a lot more better decisions made if people did take off and take the time to ponder some of the situations they have to make decisions on.   

I think sometimes there is too much importance placed on “making a decision” and not on whether a decision even needs to be made, or what decisions are even necessary to resolve a situation. 

Anyway, looking forward to the weekend, hoping I will start feeling better!


That’s it for now, Saturday, December 19, 2015

No comments: