Monday, October 05, 2015

Fall 2015 October 5 Monday


56 degrees this morning, Walk 38:36 (estimated forgot to shut off stop watch)

Finished listening to the audiobook on Elon Musk this morning.  Overall, it was definitely worth while listening to the book, in spite of the hero worship nature of the writing.  

It was interesting to kind of catch up on an area of advances I had apparently ignored, at least I didn’t consciously think about them, advances in electric cars, private space activity (although depending a lot on the government) and solar power for both residential and businesses.  

Now I reach that point I always anticipate selecting another audiobook to listen to for the next month or so, unless I pick a book I absolutely hate.  

Some of the audiobooks are quite long, I think the longest is 69 hours (War and Peace).  Gone With the Wind is 49 hours and there are several in that range.

“It” by Stephen King is in that range, but I basically have decided it isn’t something I want to listen to while I am walking in the dark!  I remember the first time I read it (in 1985, I believe, so that is actually 30 years ago!, although it may have been 1986).  

At the time, I still stayed up late reading and I actually got up and checked the drains!  (You have to have read the book to understand.)  I also now have a basic district of clowns, unless I know them personally!  

The best Stephen King books kind of lead you into this feeling that maybe, just maybe, this (whatever is in the book) may really happen or have happened.  The worst of his books are boring and/or trite.  

To me, it is well worth the effort to read his books, in the event it is a “good” book.  His best books are simply wonderful.

In a way, a book (or a movie, ballgame or whatever) is like planning a trip, half the fun is the anticipation, at least more me.  Not to mean I don’t enjoy the actual event or book, but I also enjoy planning to read, watch or participate, whatever the case may be!  

Starting work after a 4 day weekend.  I think it is always difficult to get started, although I also look with anticipation at getting started  again, since I will have new accounts today.  (I snuck a look over the weekend, just to be sure some new ones were there!

Another dream during my post-exercise nap:  10 4 15 Sunday Dream

Dreamed I was attending a conference and was staying in a high rise hotel

I attended some sessions and went up to my room, which  was more like a corner of the corridor, although I could close it up.

I was walking around the city (unknown City, but probably Chicago) and while walking back to the hotel, saw Angela walking also.  I was close to the hotel, so I keep walking and she walked up behind me and spoke to me.

Apparently she was attending the same conference and staying at the same hotel.  

I went up to the 11th floor and we agreed to meet for a meal.  

I went to my room and for some reason made oatmeal..  However I couldn’t find a spoon to eat it with and I kept thinking I had to meet Angela for lunch (o whatever).

I walked down to the elevator, but it never opened, so I went back to my room to call Angela and tell her I couldn’t get the elevator to stop.

ON the way back i went through another room that was on both sides of the corridor. There was several children playing.  For some reason I spelled my oatmeal  on my jeans and realized I needed to go back to change.

A woman's voice on the phone (I was talking on the speaker phone) told me someone I didn’t know had passed away.  I said I was sorry and said it seemed he was young. She said, well, he was several years older than I (sheI) was”.  I didn’t know who was on the phone so I didn’t say anything.  

I found my room overlooked the lobby (from the eleventh floor) on an outside porch type of way.  I found some money on the floor (first penny’s and then half dollars).

The half dollar turned into a music player playing some type of classic (old, not classical) music, maybe jazz, like Dean Martin.  I keep trying to get the oatmeal out of the bowl.

I realized it had ben a long time i had met Angela and I was very late.  I was calling her when I woke up.

A little confusing, but that was how the dream was!


That’s it for now, Monday, October 5, 2015.

No comments: