Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fall 2015 October 11 Sunday



65 degrees this morning, walk 39:02 minutes

Wind this morning and I am reminded of how the wind can make it appear so much colder (or hotter), but colder this morning.  65 degrees with wind is just as bad (or worse) than 54 degrees with no wind.  Not counting the hassle of dealing with the wind, especially when walking or bicycling.  

The oxygen situation is rather interesting, if you can call it that.  I have been measuring my oxygen level at various times of the day and am puzzled by the variation  It seems to be the lowest after exercise and when I am tired.  Of course, I don’t know how reliable the pulse oximeter is.  I am seeing the Doctor and hopefully will get some answers, or at least new questions to ask.  

We are members of “Next door.com”, which is designed to allow neighbors to communicate etc.  There has been some discussion on the “video” sign which shines right into the back yard of several houses.  I am glad to see many people feel like I do about it and hopefully something can be done about it.

I am surprised at the number of people who don’t know what city they live in.  We actually live about 1/4 miles from another city (with decent planning  that bans video billboards), but many people feel we live in the nearby city since the school system is named the same as the nearby City.  Kind of like misleading zip codes.  

In fact, our zip code is actually different than the city we live in (kind of like Lakeland, except this time we are on the positive side rather than the negative side).

Anyway, the houses are marketed as “X Schools, X area” (X being the city next to us, not the  city with the horrible, or perhaps lack of, planning.  Misleading to say the least.  

Anyway, during my walk this morning, I noted that the video billboard has pixelated  (that sure if that is correct) and shows a couple of bright spots where the lights failed and just shows a bright light.

I have even thought about contacting the advertisers and asking them to quit advertising on the sign, since it is a public nuisance, but I may let someone else take on that part if they want to.  I haven’t even noticed yet who the advertisers are, except the advertising is inappropriate for a residential area.  

The Toyota Camry front fender separated slightly, just like the Prius (also a Toyota).  I found out it is a “clip” that is defective that Toyota has not fixed and apparently is not subject to a recall.

Of course, when the “clip” fails, it can only be replaced by replacing the entire front fender.

This will be the last Toyota product I ever buy, based on that.  It apparently is a defect which has been known for years, and apparently Toyota just considers it some type of annuity so they can always sell fenders.  

That is too bad, otherwise it is a nice car.  I still plan on keeping it for seven years, but I will be buying a different brand of car when I replace it.

Another Dream:

10 10 15 Saturday Dream

Dream I was in a big convention and gambling area,l probably Las Vegas or Tunica .  Was staying in a big hotel.

Not sure why I was there, but I walked around.  I never actually gambled in the dream but I walked mourned and watched. 

This was a relatively big area.  Didn’t recognize anyone else in the dream, with the exception of references to Aliene back at the room.

I didn’t remember a lot of the dream.


That’s it for for now, Sunday, October 11, 2015

No comments: