Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall 2015 October 15 Thursday



71 degrees this morning, walk 38:14 minutes 

Surprised at the relatively “warm” temperature this morning.  However, wind is up some, which makes it seem colder.  

Decided to change my morning “hyper-time”  procedure slightly this morning (on weekday mornings)  by changing the time I take a shower etc. and seeing if I can save several minutes.  

Several minutes in the “hyper-time” morning procedure is a lot.  The same amount of time later on in the day wouldn’t necessarily mean much, but in the morning it means a lot.  

I know that somehow activities tend to fill the time available, so I am always busy, but there is just a lot to do.  

It is interesting to note the “yearly repeats” of life start again with my new job.  Now that my first year is up, the yearly rituals (fund raising, etc.)and decision points (such as choosing a benefits package etc.) are repeating.  

I am  now listening to song #252 of 6,644 songs on my “original iPod”.  I am listening in “shuffle” mode, which means I may hear classical music. followed by Country, followed by rock, and then maybe some gospel.  Keeps the listening interesting!  

Since I don’t actually listen o music that much, much as I like it, I enjoy the opportunity to listen to music and revisit some of the songs I enjoy

I always think I will listen to music in the car on my “field days”, but I normally end up listening to CNBC or language lessons (I haven’t actually done that much lately).  Plus I don’t drive as far as I used to, so there is less opportunity for longer sessions.  

As I noted yesterday, there are many “yardsticks” during a year when I tend to look and see if I am progressing etc.  I didn’t note that the periodic “birthday” parties and gatherings of family remembers are periodic “yardsticks”, and, especially with children, it is amazing how time passes.  

Probably one of the most important yardsticks for me is the annual Courter Reunion.  A year is a long time, and it is a 68 year tradition, documented by many photographs over the years.  

We recently “finished” (for now) the hanging of pictures and photographs in our house. Our next step will be to scan all of the photographs we have onto the computer to properly save the photographs.  There are a lot to say the least!  

I am always caught a little off guard when I see my parents when they were young.  Especially when I realize that it has been so long (1994 for my Dad, 1997 for my Mom) since they passed away and realize if they were alive today, my Dad would be 109 and my Mom 103! 

Time and life pass before we realize it.  

Field Day yesterday.  Maybe one conversation with a man about my age made me think of some of the previous thoughts.  He was mentioning about what he had done in his life and whether he stood and things he had wished he had done.   

One thing I really like about my job is the wide variety of people I meet, some likable, some not so much, but all interesting with their own story! 
It is interesting during my morning walk and my bicycle rides to see the development of our neighborhood.  Even new houses are so gradual, I suddenly realize how much the neighborhood has changed, even just since we moved here.  

The “Free Wheel” bicycle ride (about a week long event) is at time this year that I can participate in it.  (In the past it has conflicted with another event).  I am going to start preparing for it, whether I actually participate in it or not.  It is a bicycle trip of about 50 to 100 miles per day for five days, with “sag wagons” and full support.  I may be a little off on the days etc. 

It is scheduled for the middle of June 2016, which should work well.

A lot of bicycle riders stay in tents etc., I think I’d find the nearest motel with a good hot tub and a swimming pool!  

I’ll see.


That’s it for now, Thursday, October 15, 2015.

No comments: