Sunday, October 04, 2015

Fall 2015 October 4 Sunday

54 degrees this morning, walk 37:48 minutes

Every time I walk and see the “video billboard” lighting up the backyards of about ten house, I get angry about the city that allowed this to happen and the billboard owner who has such a lack of concern for other persons, a few dollars a month is more important than destroying the house value and quality of life for at least ten households!

To say I will never buy anything advertised on it is meaningless, since oddly enough, I don’t remember anything that is advertised on it.  

What is amazing is the overall lack of planning/concern by the city, a huge video board board, a Sonic with a  24 hour video sign and music, and a huge strip shopping mall with absolutely no buffer between the commercial and residential.  (Probably they are going to plant some tiny trees that will die within a year, although I haven’t even seen a sign of that!  

Last day of my 4 days off.  I actually have really enjoyed it, although it isn’t something I would want to do all the time yet!  

I went ahead and finished the John Grisham book.  I got more involved in it as the action proceed, although I don’t know that I will read any more of his books of the same type.  

I have been using my “Pulse Oximeter” to keep track of my oxygen level (as well as my pulse).  It may seem rather weird to say I am having “fun” with it, let me use the word “interesting”, it was been an interesting experience.  

While I haven’t thought of it before, my oxygen level drops after exercise, which I believe now is somewhat common or natural.  I also verified that the “supplemental oxygen” machine really works.  I don’t quite understand how the Pulse Oximeter actually works.  I understand how it measures my pulse, but don’t understand how it measures the oxygen in my blood.  Maybe one of those things I would just as soon not know!

Nearing the book on Elon Musk (Tesla,  Space X etc.).  I recently noticed that the owner of Amazon is also getting into the space business.

Reminded again why I don’t like to shop at Amazon.  I ordered some sandals, since I couldn’t find any at stores (since winter is coming).  One pair was ok, the other pair were just cheap junk, like a lot of stuff from Amazon.  

The hassle of returning it almost made we want to throw it  away instead of messing around with sending it back, but I felt I needed to send them a message, that it was junk and I wasn’t going to accept it.

Another dream, again during my “post exercise” nap:

10 3 15 Dream Saturday 

Dream, with an underlying them of fear and menace and danger.

I was up in the middle of the night, Aliene was sleeping.  We lived in some kind of town house.

At one point I was driving someplace and a lime green car parked and I drove around it thinking there was something dangerous about it.  

The scene I remember most, I was sitting in a courtyard talking with a person that works with me now and someone who I assume worked there.  At one point I asked if anyone wanted coffee.  they said no, but I wanted some.

I kept asking about someone who was some kind of Supervisor or Administrator, saying I had never met him.  

I went to make some coffee and kept locking myself out of of the house.  Aliene was sleeping and I didn’t want to wake her up.

Then I  saw Katherine (my granddaughter) sitting the porch listening to music.  I had locked the front door and she was on the front porch. 

A car went past as I tried to quietly get back inside to get some coffee.  

I woke up.  


That’s it for now, Sunday, October 4, 2015.

No comments: