Monday, October 26, 2015

Fall 2015 October 26 Monday


43 degrees this morning, no walk.

“Fall” is finally here, both in weather and in the leaves turning, and, of course, the change in Daylight Savings Time next Sunday.  

Last week of the month, which means I’m cleaning up accounts at work, getting ready for the next ones at the first of the month.  

In a way, this is when I learn new techniques etc., because usually this is when I research and take action on cases where I had to ask questions or take action I hadn’t learned to take yet. 

Finished the book on “Jack Reacher”, he was interesting as always to the end, if you like that type of book.  Now back to the non-fiction book on “disruption”!  

I am going to try to return to reading more novels, at least when I can find a quality novel, or even just one that is interesting!  

I got a “manual” bicycle tire pump for my bike tires.  I had an excellent electric  tire pump for my bike tires I had used for years.  “Somehow” it didn’t make the move from Memphis to here, probably stolen or,more likely, someone used it and never put it back.  Since it cost only $29, although it worth a lot more than that to me since it was so simple and dependable, I never turned in a claim for it.  

Now of course, I wish I had, if nothing else, just to let them know that I knew someone had either stolen it or it just got lost.

The replacement electric air pump I bought was just junk.  It was supposed to have a “sensing” system that you set the pressure you wanted and it automatically stopped at the right pressure, but it never really worked right.  It w was more trouble than it was worth. 

One problem with technology is that sometimes it flat doesn’t work.  

I have decided to not stand for the incompetence and outright crooked actions of people and businesses without at least complaining about it and letting them know that I know and hoping to at least make them feel uncomfortable about it and perhaps prevent it from happening again. to someone else. 

The laundry shirt that was damaged is one example. 

I also plan on calling Toyota on their defective tires, I just can’t accept that a “pinhole in the side of the tires” is not a defective tire.  I probably will start using a business besides the dealer to service my car.  While I realize a dealer is more expensive, they also are usually more dependable  and you also (at least in theory) have more of a chance of getting defective work corrected.  

At least they will know how I feel.  After my experience, I will never buy any Toyota product again based on their defective tires and flimsy bodywork and the actions of the dealership in the way they try to scare buyers with overpriced extended warranties and then not even offer a basic one that is almost automatic on tires from anyplace. I think they may have offered one, but it was tied into a very expensive policy that included “rims” and that was all you could buy.  

What is strange is the replacement tires they sold “automatically” included road hazard “insurance”.  That will be the last tire I ever buy from Toyota.  I am sure some kind of “road hazard” will affect the remaining tires and when that happens, I will try to find a reliable tire shop.

Actually, one of the best aspects of the internet (at least for services etc.) is the “rating” systems that are provided.  While you can’t always trust them (it seems that each business has it’s ones and fives!),  at least it provides a trend.  I figure if they are mostly positive, they probably basically do a good job (depending on the number of ratings).  

I have to feel that most businesses mean to do a good job and treat the customer right, at least that has been my experience in spite of my comments about the negatives!  

I do make a point of telling businesses when I am treated right and fairly also, as well as when I am not!  Actually, the times a business contact is positive happened a lot more than negative contacts, you just remember the negative contacts because it is relatively unusual.


That’s it for now, Monday, October 26, 2015.

No comments: