Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall 2015 October 12 Monday


69 degrees this morning, walk 38:42 minutes

Warmer this morning.  Made for a nice walk.  

Still considering all of the exercise alternatives.  It is difficult to fit everything in, but I’m sure I will  develop a routine.  

I really enjoy my walk, swimming and bicycling.  I also do some weight lifting every day and 40 sit-ups, but I would like to add some machines.  

I’m looking for ways to save time so I can fit everything in!  

Birthday Party over the weekend (Sunday).  We used to have them at restaurants, now we just have pizza at the house, which is a lot nicer.  It gives everyone a chance to visit with everyone and spend more time.  

We don’t have individual birthday parties (except perhaps for special years), but have a general “party” for persons with birthdays within a general time-frame, which can vary depending on everyones schedule!  

As family members develop their own families etc, it becomes harder and harder to schedule a time that will fit  everyone’s schedule and we normally  don’t have “everyone”, but a large majority normally attend every time.  

Listening to the book about the Mafia on my morning walk, seeing a sign put up in the back of of residences and reading about the greed of drug companies literally killing people so they can make a few more dollars, I have to wonder why people are intent on making more money when they literally have more money than they can spend?  

They literally cheat and steal and take a chance on going to jail and/or substantially damage other peoples lives when they can’t spend what they have.   

Doesn’t seem to matter if what they do is (technically) legal or illegal , they all are motivated by the same greed.

I am now on song 180 of a total of 6544 songs on my “original iPod”.  (There are a lot more in my iTunes library, but this is what I have on this iPod.  I am going through on “shuffle” basis, so I avoid having a bunch of songs by the same person.  

I also don’t listen to all of them all the way through, especially the “sound effects” or songs I don’t liquefier some reason.  Well, I listen, but it may not be all that long.

It is nice to listen to some songs that I welcome as “old friends”  that I may have forgotten about, or at least not thought about for a long time.  

What is always surprising is how  “new” music or songs so rapidly become “classics” (or “old”) music.  

That is one thing we really like about the CMA Fest, they highlight the latest songs and performers, but also provide the performers whose days in the limelight a change to perform.  

Of course, lots of times, you are so shocked at what age (or illness) have done to a person it is kind of sad.  On the other hand, you see others who have accepted the present and actually thrive on their present situations.

Also, we have been going long enough now, we have seen performers who were literally teenagers when we first saw them now as relatively mature adults, for better or worse.

I am always a little sad when I hear a sone and realize it is the only “hit” they ever had, and their career never really was successful after that one hit.  Actually, i think that is probably at least 50% of all performers. 

Start of a new week.  Have some “interesting” field work planned this week.  It is always interesting to go into a new situation and I am supposed to be the “expert”!


That’s it for now, Monday, October 12, 2015.  

No comments: