Friday, October 30, 2015

Fall 2015 October 30 Friday


50 degrees this morning, walk 38:52 minutes 

Rain coming in this morning, there was a 30% chance it would rain before or during my walk, but it didn’t.  

While  I always enjoy my walk, I also always feel a little sense of relief when it is raining etc., meaning I can’t walk.  

Rather than take a day off from walking, i decided my breaks would be decided by the weather etc.  I know some suggestions are that you do a certain exercise every other day, take weekends off etc.  

Actually I don’t think I walk fast enough that I need to worry about “recovery time”.  While I also lift weights and do situps after my walk every morning, I don’t really feel like I stress anything enough to need to schedule regular time off.

Ditto with my swimming and bike riding.  Actually swimming I do take weekends off.

Next week I hope to get some  training in the use of the exercise machines at the YMCA.  I thought I would use them 2 or 3 times per week. I am primary interesting in maintaining (not developing!)  muscles I may not be using enough.  

Listening to “Wlid”.  The author is now well into the trail and has just decided she is going ot quit.  

Obviously she didn’t quit.  It will b entrusting to hear what decided her to maintain and stay on her hike.  

She is developing the natural reaction that people have to any new projects of stage of life.  I think the first reaction (after the excitement of the “new” wears off) is to stop and go back to your old way.

What is always interesting is learning what helps persons get over that urge to quit.  That has always interesting to learn why one person quits and another person makes it.  

Probably part of the time, it is still just chance circumstances, although  a large percentage is just a persons medical health (where exercise is concerned) and ability to change and maybe even how much you didn’t like the pervious step.  

Anyway, in the book, she has just met the fisrweefft person on the rail  that is also hiking the trail.   I assume that is one reason she continues.

I think planning and becoming aware of the actual circumstances of your decision  the the change are also important.          

Friday, October 30.  Years ago, I remember it snowed on a Halloween, the earliest snow I remember in this area.  Halloween was also on a Saturday that year. As the snow fell, I read “Bright Lights Big city”  straight through.  

Even then (this back in 1991 or 1992) I no longer read books “straight through” very often.  Actually I just checked and it was on Halloween Day of 1991.  

That’s it for now, Friday, October 30, 2015   

No comments: