Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fall 2015 October 28 Wednesday


56 degrees this morning, walk 38:30 minutes

Listening to the book, “Wild” about a woman who walked the Pacific Crest Trail.  She is at the point where she just gets started, but then goes into a flashback.  I really wonder how they made a movie of the book, probably emphasized the trail walk a lot more.  

I am currently approximately 25% into the book.  The start of the trail ride and her preparations and then finding she has probably planned to carry far more than the can actually carry, a common dilemma in everything, not just long distance hikes!

Of course, in my “ride with the sun”, I don’t have any intention of camping out, except in a hotel room!  Preferably with a hot tub and a cold swimming pool!  

Ditto with any ride or walk I do.  The thought of camping out doesn’t much appeal to me anymore!  Probably has more to do with the way the world it now rather than any discomfort, although I realize that camping out isn’t just the ideal situation of a full moon and a perfect night.  

Camping out also could involve cold rain, storms, snakes, four and two legged predators, lack of water, etc.!  None of which I care to partake in at this stage of my life.

Actually I envision my “ride with the sun” to include riding (depending on the trail), most of the day, but not being afraid of hooking the bike to a bike rack and riding in the backup car if I get too tired or in bad weather!  

My “new” shoes are not at about 33% of their (extended) life span or a little over 50% of a “normal” life span.  

I still think of them as my “new” shoes, which is good.  They still have a nice bounce to them, which is important to me.  

Aliene’s son, Ron, had back surgery yesterday.  I am pleased to report it went well and he is already feeling better!  

Listening to my “original iPod”.  I still have to wonder why more electronic items such as iPods etc. don’t include a switch which stops any accidental brushes, touches etc. from affecting the playback!  

The original iPod has a switch on the top of the player that I just slide and it stops any action.  When I want to turn it off etc., I just slide it to the “on” switch.  So simple, it doesn’t make any sense they quit including it!

At the risk of jinxing myself, I am just amazed at the battery life of the assorted iPods, iPads, shuffles and iPhones!  The longest is the iPod and the three shuffles at about 9 years, all batteries still going strong!  

There are a lot of things I like about the original iPad, the original iPod and the shuffles.  Of course, they no longer have the speed to be much more us than audiobook, music players, photo storage, voice recorders etc, but still worth keeping.

I am leaning to upgrading my iPhone 5 soon (it will become a remote for our security system and an audiobook/music player).  In spite of the fact that leasing makes the most sense, I have a little reluctance in that I would no longer have a new music player every two years, but then there are always plenty of used iPhones for sale! Plus I have too many old iPhones (at least more than I can use) now, although at some pointI expect the batteries will start failing, probably all at once!

Now the choice goes to whether I go to the Apple leasing program (probably) vs. the ATT leasing program.

Ah, decisions!


That’s it for now Wednesday, October 28, 2015.

No comments: