Friday, October 23, 2015

Fall 2015 October 23 Friday


64 degrees this morning. No walk, rain. 

Didn’t walk this morning because of the rains yesterday and overnight.  

Actually, I would normally walk, but I don’t here after a rain for safety reasons due to possible mud runoffs etc.  Also, I don’t want to get my shoes muddy!

It didn’t rain near as much as they forecast, at least in this area.  I’m not complaining, just commenting.  

In all fairness, the builders/contractors/developer are actually doing excellent at erosion control, keeping the streets clean etc., including at least weekly sweeping of the streets.  However there is always the exception that creates the problems, but generally they are doing the best I have ever seen.

I don’t know if my complaints/comments (and other neighbors) had anything to do with it.  I like to think they are doing it just as good business practices, which I feel it is.  

Not having as much impact with the signs.  Wrote the Councilmember, no response at all.  Somewhat the usual response for this city.  They think if they ignore it you will go away.  I don’t thing the signs and the city failure to require commercial businesses to provide some type of screening around residential areas will go away.  If they continue to ignore it, the residents will start going away.  

For some reason, yesterday morning, our “night toad” was going crazy, jumping around all over the place, scaring the heck out of me when I went out for my walk and to pick up the paper!  I think maybe it felt the incoming storm.  

After being advised Tuesday that the low tire was a figment of my imagination (or something like that), the low tire indicator came on again yesterday.  I was able to get it in and found it was a faulty value  stem.  They didn’t charge me, I don’t know if it was because of the warranty or because they didn’t catch it the first time.  

On song 455 of the the 6544 on my iPod.  It is Edgar Cruz, a local guitar performer (this song is “Ghost Riders in the Sky”.  We have heard him perform ever since we have been in this area at times (which is around 28, less the 13 years in Memphis).  

He does kind of a guitar interoperation (no singing, thank goodness) of a wide variety of songs from rock to classical.  He is enjoyable to listen too.   

We were having Christmas dinner/lunch last Christmas and he was performing at the restaurant.  We actually had a chance to talk with him and were able to tell him how much we had enjoyed his performances and music throughout the years.  He has actually produced a number of  albums. 

I am really enjoying the opportunity to swim almost every day during the week.  Something about moving through the water.  I try to avoid trying to speed up my swimming etc.

I also enjoy playing “shark attack”, (going low in the water and then coming up like I imagine a shark attack would be).  Not that I want to be a shark or be a shark attacker, it just gives you a feeling of freedom coming up through the water!  Anyway, one of those things that stops swimming from being boring.

Actually, so far, (I only swim for about 23 minutes) it hasn’t been that boring, and I enjoy the time.  It isn’t too long that I don’t enjoy the swimming and the chance to relax and think.  There is always that moment of hesitation when I jump into the pool and feel the cold water, but I get used to it fast.

Friday is here!  It is also October 23, which means Thanksgiving is almost a month away and Christmas is only about two months away!   

Now that I think of it, the 23rd of each month is kind of the odd day out.  


That’s it for now, Friday, October 23, 2015.  

No comments: