Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fall 2015 October 10 Saturday


57 degrees this morning.  Walk (estimated, forgot to turn off stop watch) 38:20 min.

Forgot to stop the stop watch after my walk due to the security camera going off all the time, I though because of a spider web, but I couldn’t find one.  Bugs due set it off as do a myriad of other items.

Not a huge deal, except it sends us a message and makes a short video (of bugs, wind, lights, shadows, stray cats etc.), we are concerned we will ignore any real problem!  Crying wolf too many times isn’t good.

Moving in from the outside patio, just a little too cool!

We are studiously trying to avoid any news this morning until we have  chance to watch the ballgames we taped (especially the Cubs/Cardinals) so we can enjoy the games!  It’s a little harder now, not only avoid the newspapers and live TV, but Facebook, e-mail etc. idle conversations you overhear etc. may all ruin it!  Sometimes we still enjoy watching it, but it really isn’t the same.

I am starting to really consider what to do about newspapers.  I was extremely lucky in Lakeland that I had access to three newspapers (local, Wall Street Journal & New York Times) delivered early (by 3:30 a.m. or so).

Here, I can only get the local paper and the Wall Street Journal delivered by 6:00 a.m. (7:00 a.m. on Sunday!) when I get the Sunday New York Times.

I don’t have time to read it in the morning when it gets here so late, so I frequently don’t read it until the evening, when I at least read it faster since the news is old

I am considering the suggestion of not reading it until the following morning, since it will still be “new” to me or just canceling the physical copies.  Save some money and time. 

I like to think I would read them on the internet but  I won’t, at least the newspapers to which I currently subscribe.  For example, while I have full access to all three newspapers, I don’t read them on the internet much except to skim them.  

Also, my morning pattern has changed and I doubt if I would read the papers in the morning now even if I got them early.  My morning pattern is literally choreographed to the minute, including walking, writing, getting enough nap time, breakfast etc.  and I start work at 6:30 a.m. instead of 8 a.m, which is 1 1/2 hours right there!

Probably if I was continuing my exercise bike, I would go ahead and just not read the papers until the following morning (except for the Sunday paper).  Since I’m not, and probably won’t, I will have to see what pattern is best.  

We do plan on learning how “the machines” (exercise machines) work at the YMCA.  I have carefully avoided the machines all of my life (I think they are boring and prefer free weights), but I think the machines  would be good as far as insuring I get a reasonably good workout at least several times per week.  We get three “free” training sessions  

Busy weekend ahead, have to finish putting up pictures and then will have the semi-regular “group birthday” for everyone in the family (us, children, grandchildren etc.) who is having a birthday.  We group it around the actual birthdays and it generally works well if we can get everyone together!


That’s it for now, Saturday, October 10, 2015.

No comments: