Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer 2i015 July 30 Thursday



80 degrees this morning, walk 39:19 minutes

Patio again, with a full moon, or at least nearly full. A wonderful light breeze  

I don’t want to bore people with this, but these mornings don’t last long, as I noted, and 

While walking I noted the clouds hiding the moon, at intervals, kind of like hide and seek.  

When I see that I am reminded of a Stephen King novel, where, on such a night, someone picked up a hitchhiker (the bad guy escaped prisoner) and it was “the last time he ever picked up a hitchhiker”.  For some reason, the thought of the scene makes my blood run cold.  

Listening to “The Believing Brain” during my walk.  Some of the insights are interesting some not, probably the biggest insight is the process he mentions, not necessarily his belief’s (or lack of them” as far as the effects of uncertainty.   He mentions that baseball players have almost no rituals etc. for fielding where they have a 95%+ success ratio.  However, in batting, there their success ratio, at best, is 30%, they have all kine of rituals of “this leads to that” (a certain shirt will lad to a hit etc.)

I have found that the “app” for listing to the books is much better than downloading the actual book etc.  The problem is my old iPhones won’t run the app, nor will any of my iPods. 
My iPad I will run it, but it is awkward to carry an iPad while you walk although I have plenty of backpacks to wear with it. 

Strange dream yesterday morning, as perhaps all dreams are.  I try to note any dreams I remember so I can see if there are any patterns I need to be aware of.

Dream 7-29-Wednesday

Dreamed I was working in what appeared to be a big house split up into offices.

Not sure what I did, but I carried my briefcase and worked on my computer.

while working there, a small dog ran out an jumped on me.  I was like a small terrior with a long nose, honey colored except for a long brown nose and soulful eyes. I petted it and it tried to kiss me (like dogs do) until some children came out to claim their dog.  Of of the children, a boy, was wearing old style overalls.  

I got up and my feet hurt so bad I couldn’t walk  (this was in the dream). 

A large man with a heavy beard growth, but not a beard,  came in and I thought he was asking for me, but I woke up.

One character was the woman who was on t the City Commission in Lakeland. She was, to describe the best, a micromanaging nut who assumed she was a lot more intelligent that she was, a walking disaster and I was trying to figure out how to correct her micromanager mistakes.

the man with the heavy beard growth was someone I was apparently working with on an task similar to the work I do here.

For some reason I wake up about ten minutes early and my heart was beating fast, I woke up instantly.  I think the reason my heart was beating fast was because I had gotten up and couldn’t walk, and I thought, “Ok, this is what it is like” and I’m not sure what “this” was.

Office day today.  They have hired (actually replaced vacancies) more staff, so my territory will decrease.  I will miss the people I worked with and also the stimulus of always having something that is new and interesting to work on.  I’ll see what happens.  I’m glad I had the chance to work the areas I have now.  It should continue for another month or so until the new ones phase in.


That’s it for now, Thursday, July  30, 2015.

No comments: