Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer 2015 July 14 Tuesday



81 degrees this morning, 42:25 minute walk

Driving to Toastmasters last night, I was thinking of how music affects your mood.  I’m  not sure if it “makes” your mood, but it can enhance your mood.  

Music can made me happy, sad, reflective or other moods and (if seems to me) even affect you physically.  

As someone told the municipal judge in one city when he appeared on a speeding ticket “Rock Music is always good for an additional 10 mph!”  (Case dismissed!)  This is actually a true story, but I won’t name the city of course!

One thing about having so many music devices, I can categorize my music by device.  Of course with the devices they have now, you can put all your music and categorize it on one device, but it is kind of fun to have a certain kind of music on an entire device.  Even the smallest device can hold enough songs for my walk.  

I haven’t gotten into “music streaming” yet, I haven’t even gotten close to listening to all of my music yet, plus I have XM radio to listen to some new type of music without committing too much.

At some point I may try it, but with all of the internet radio stations etc. that may be one thing that I don’t really have any interest in trying.  Nothing against it, it’s just not for me although I may try it just to see if it does have any benefit for me!

The “Endless Summer” is here, although it is someone of a contradiction.  (Somewhat like “the World Without End is Ending”.  

I think of the “Endless Summer” as that time of year when it is hot, the sunsets are long, and the cicadas are heard throughout the evening and the birds welcome the sun in the morning.  Obviously, it won’t be endless, but the mood is endless.  

Walking this morning, I still haven’t met another person or a car during my walk, but i did see an animal (in the complete dark) that could have been a skunk.  Obviously I kept my distance and kept my little flashlight on hoping to scare it away without it becoming TOO scared!  If indeed it was a skunk.  

Probably going on a ‘field day’ today, although I have a lot of paperwork to finish up, primarily investigating why there may have been a snafu on either end.  People tend to get very creative and sometimes creativity and formal structure don’t always mix well.  

Just mentioning a dream I can only remember snippets of, I was riding on some kind of vehicle and we were going through a road full of what appeared to be emergency vehicles (fire trucks etc.).  Even though the road appeared blocked, a way would almost magically open up.

I’m not sure what that means, but I wanted to note it.  

Sitting on the patio in the early morning is part of the “Endless Summer”.  It is too early for the birds, but you can hear the continuous background sounds of the insects and the night.  I’m not sure what the sound it, it is like a babel  of insects, what I consider as “night sounds”.

Didn’t get a newspaper yesterday so gave me the experience of trying to get my news off the Internet.  (I get “replica” newspapers but it isn’t the same.  Actually, the Memphis Commerical Appeal was the only newspaper that seemed to  get the “replica” newspaper right, so you  felt as comfortable reading it as you did the normal printed newspaper-almost.  I don’t know why other newspapers can’t get it right).

Anyway, it wasn’t all that bad and it did save me some time.  I’ll need to think about it. 

Another hot day forecast, supposed to be about 103 degrees.  Wonderful!  


That’s it for now,  Tuesday, July 14, 2015.

No comments: