Saturday, July 04, 2015

Summer 2015 July 3 Friday



70 degrees this morning.  No walk, heavy rains last night, still some lightning when I normally walk.  Also, I was concerned about the mud in some areas around here.

One thing we don’t like about the house and one reason we almost didn’t buy it is the way the drainage is fixed up, so water goes around the front of the house to the side.  After the rain last night, it appeared to work, but is still a concern.  

We were concerned about how we could water the grass and other vegetation with the bad sprinkler system, but the rain should help us get through until it is fixed.  

It started out as a light rain last night and quickly developed into a heavy  rain (a “frog strangler”) for this area.  It will cool things off.

We had two neighbors move in yesterday  The moving trucks, with all of the construction  traffic and concrete trucks kept me entertained as I could see the mess through my office window.  

Of course, not that I watched all that much, but there were moments when I thought there was going to be a wreck (from a concrete truck  trying to get through too small of an area between two trucks to a fight from someone not moving fast enough!

Ah, the three day weekend is starting.  

Of course, for us that means more time to move in, but that  will be good also.  We plan on putting up the last two bookcases (once you put books in them, they are there permanently, so we wanted to make sure we had the right location!) and completing my office so we can get rid of some boxes.

As I have mentioned before, now comes the hard part where I look at items and decide whether to get rid of them or not.  I will review the “principles” or concepts of how to release items before I do that.

We hope to have a lot more books for the library and items for the Salvation Army (or other) before it is over, as we continue to try to minimize our living environment.  

I didn’t use the word “downsize” or “rightsize” since I think those terms have been used to justify nefarious, vindictive, or selfish actions and the terms in mind are terms of ill repute, so to speak.

Yesterday, on my work account,  I got my “tasks” for July at work and there is definitely enough there to keep me busy this month, which is good. 

I look at each task (there were 186 of them, although in reality, due to duplication and items etc. there was probably really about 150, of which about 100 were new.
The good part is I look at each one of them as somewhat of a Christmas present that I open and see what is going on and try to resolve it.  Some are easy, some I never resolve, but it really is interesting to try to resolve each task.  

I try to develop new and faster  ways to approach each case and I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I find a new way to resolve problems.  

Probably my main weakness is I tend to trust  people to do what they say, although in about 80% of the cases they do, which is always a relief.  

Hope  everyone has a great July 4 weekend. 


That’s it for now, Friday, July 3,  2015.

No comments: