Monday, July 27, 2015

Summer 2015 July 27 Monday



81 degrees this morning 38:02 minute walk

No breeze this morning and you can really tell the difference in the way the temperature feels.  Sitting outside is a little hampered by the fact our sprinkler system isn’t adjusted yet so the patio gets a good watering in addition to the grass.  Of course, I could adjust the time so it wouldn’t water right before I come out.  At least it isn’t on when I am out here.  

It is bad enough so  use water just to keep  grass unnaturally green, must less water concrete!

Overall good weekend, ready to start the last month of July as  we race to 2016!  

Right now, the forecast is for “hot and dry” for the rest of the week, my kind of weather!  

Started listening to a book about “the believing brain” during my walk.  I realized after I had started I had heard it before, but I may just go ahead and listen to it again.  It is about how we build our belief systems, including beliefs in a number of areas.  

Going to stop by the Apple Store today, one of the reasons I remain committed to Apple products.  I can always (as long as I remain near one) stop at an Apple Store and get answers to my questions.  

For some reason, the “iCloud” storage reverted back to the basic storage, which isn’t enough for me.  I am going to stop by the Apple Store and make sure I am not double charged as well as get some instruction on getting some items corrected.  (Notes is doubling up on me for some reason, I can’t always get my devices to show up in “Finder” and I am having a hard time putting audible books on CD’s to listen to in the car.  

Actually, in one car, we have it worked out so that “bluetooth” works well with one the iPhone works well with our audio books so we may not need the CD’s anymore, but I  still want to have the option.  

I always think I am going to listen got podcasts so I can learn different subjects, but thus far I have continued listening to audio books or music on my  walks and when I am in the car, either by myself of with Aliene.  

Ron and Vicki are heading back today.  It has ben nice having them visit.  It is nice to have them stay at the house to provide a chance to visit more.

Speaking of Apple, one thing I really don’t like about Apple is the type “bait and switch” they do with the iCloud.  The first is a very small amount of money, but soon your storage is exceeded and I get these continuous messages that I don’t have enough storage and I should upgrade at a much higher costs.  

When Google, Flickr etc. offer unlimited (for all intents and purposes) storage (and at least in the case of Flickr) much better services, it is hard to stay loyal to Apple.  Especially when you know they may come out with a new product and make all of your devices obsolete without any attempt to allow any kind of upgrade.  
Field Day today.  I actually have to start fairly early since I have an early appointment, which is relatively unusual, since most retail doesn't open until at least 9 am., and even then you try to avoid disturbing them during a busy  time.    

I am starting an hour early today, so  I can stop an hour early.  It is nice to have that option!

I am going to buy some new walking shoes in the near future (this week).  I learned the hard way I need to go to a exercise shoe shop and have my feet measured etc. so out of fairness I also buy my shoes there.  

I read a story about New Balance 990 shoes.  Any comments you have on them, please let me know!  They cost about double my usual max for walking shoes  since the Dr. told me to see a shoe shop before buying shoes and about 8 times what I used to spend on exercise shoes, so I don’t want to make such an investment if it isn’t worth it!


That’s it for now, Monday, July 27, 2015.  

No comments: