Monday, July 06, 2015

Summer 2015 July 6 Monday



79 degrees this morning.  Walk 42;19 minutes 

Good July 4 weekend.  Some relaxing moments, and also got a lot of moving done.  Yesterday we completely rearranged the garage so the cars fit in better, and it ended up being much better for everything. 

Monday morning, I am looking forward to starting on a whole new bunch of “tasks” at work.  As I mentioned before, it is like Christmas in July to have new “tasks” to work, finding out what the problem is, meeting the individuals involved, seeing a new business etc.  

The actual implementation isn’t always fun or easy, but it always is interesting and is something new.

I am watching the reaction to the Greece vote with interest (and some dread) in the stock market, probably will be wishing I had sold and converted my retirement accounts into cash!  

Of course, as I have been bemoaning the emphasis on short-term everything (investing, earnings, politicians and short-term time frames etc.). I probably need to take a long term vision of the entire situation.  

While the actual action in Greece probably isn’t that significant, it could be one of those events that have much more results due to the interpretations of the event which cause it  to be a significant factor in the world economy.  

Sometimes, as I get older, I both the short-term and the long-term are almost equally important, with the fact that you have no idea how long the long-term actually is!   Of something like that.  

During my  walk this morning, I was dismayed again at the way the builders here not only violate the erosion control regulations, they also violate common decently and the concept that you don’t put other people in danger.  I am taking pictures of the mess.  

One building even left a bunch of pallets on the street, which toppled and are a real danger, plus the many builders who leave the streets rutted and looking like a county road after a concrete truck went through the mud.  

Hopefully the City will get things cleaned up.  

I am thinking I need to call one of the TV or newspaper “action lines” about the mess the builders make and their absolute ignoring the safety of the public and residents.  

Today is “bulk trash” day where the city picks up anything, and they mean anything.  That is a great idea, but it also creates problems when residents put out boxes and trash that  blows around, falls into the street etc.  That is more understandable than the actions of the builders who know better and deliberately ignore the law.

It is rather strange, the sun is supposed to come up about an hour earlier here (since it sets hour later) than in Memphis, but I really don’t notice the difference in the early morning (I am up then and notice it).

I am going to try to start work earlier this morning.   I have a lot of items I have to print out on the  day I serve them, so it takes time to get everything printed, doubted checked for correctness etc. and still get out and visit everyone.


That’s it for now, Monday, July 6, 2015. 

No comments: