Saturday, July 04, 2015

Summer 2015 July 4 Saturday



76 degrees this morning.  41:51 minute walk.

Had to dodge the ruts this morning on my early morning walk.  There was so much mud and dirt on the street from the storm water violations that I felt like I was walking a country road!

Hopefully, the builders will do their duty or the City will come out to give citations, or both.

I have to think that a builder who will “cheat” on storm water regulations will also cheat on the house and woe to the person who buys that house.  

I can’t ride my bike since it would be too dangerous, a rut or loose sand or mud would probably throw me.

The condition of the streets is disgraceful and reflects on the builders and the houses in the addition.

Put together our final set of bookshelves yesterday, unpacked and shelved most of the remaining books (and discarded a few more to be donated to the library).  

I still have some “misc” boxes to go through, which I am sure will be harder than the books.  This includes items I will use “sometime” (although I’m not sure if I will live long enough, no matter how long I live to use all the pens, stickies, pads etc. I have!), souvenirs, gifts, impulse buys etc.  

I plan on taking the attitude that if I don’t use it, it goes.  Exceptions for the Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars, hats and t shirts!).  

I also have an abundance of exercise items.  Several years ago, I tried to buy the “high visible yellow” (appears green) clothing for exercise and couldn’t find any.  Of course, now it is common but I am stuck with some exercise clothes that will never wear out but is not high visible yellow or “high tech”.  

I do adapt a little by wearing a vest or a sleeveless high visible yellow jersey over the darker clothes.  

Actually I do have a lot of “breathable” clothing.  For years I collected cotton etc. t-shirt to use in exercise but now they aren’t really usable for that  since I am used to the breathable t-shirts.

I am amazed at the number of unsolicited calls we receive on holidays, weekends (even early Sunday morning).  We have adopted the policy not only don’t we buy from unsolicited calls, we won’t even talk to them.  If it is one of those with a long pause (showing a machine placed the call). I simply hang up.  I hang up on any mechanical call.  

If it appears to be a live person (and I really don’t know), I politely say I’m not interested and don’t call again.  

Going to note a dream I woke up with this morning.  Usually I don’t remember my morning dreams since by the time I get to my computer I have forgotten it.  

Dream 7-4-15

Dreamed was in some kind of hotel and my car was several miles away. 

For some reason I keep calling Angela and my granddaughters to ask about my car.  I was at some kind of party or conference.

At the end of the dream I was running to get my car.  It was raining and I ran on the streets dodging cars.

A man (unknown name and not someone I recognized) asked me what I was running for and I told him I was running to get my Porsche Cayenne (A Porsche SUV) since it had finally came in.   

A van turned in front of me as I was running and I had to wait for a pickup, as I ran in the rain.  

This dream was this morning, I always have a problem remembering my dream when I get up in the morning since it takes me so long to get to my computer (after my naps, my computer is normally right next to me)

Can’t remember any more of the dream but it was strong enough to wake me up and have the feeling, “oh this was just a dream”.

I don’t remember anything really bad about the dream except that I kept calling about my  car.  I didn’t recognize the site of the dream, seemed to be somewhere related to where I grew up.  

What is strange it I woke up with cramps in my legs from the running  

Have an enjoyable and safe July 4.  (Whenever I say that, I remember the time when I was around 7th grade, I tried to scare Vincent, my oldest brother, by pulling out fuses in several fire crackers and holding them in my hand.  Instead they exploded.  Fortunately not damage, but I lost interest in fireworks after that!)


That’s it for now, Saturday, July 4, 2015, Independence Day.  

No comments: