Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer 2015 July 12 Sunday



77 degrees this morning.  (Walk later this morning)

Lindsborg, Kansas

Nice walk after I posted yesterday morning  This is a very nice City to walk in and I really enjoyed the city.

I also paid attention to where I was so I wouldn’t get lost, although that isn’t all that likely!

Planning on walking with several other people this morning, which will be nice.

Sitting in the lobby of the hotel writing this.  There is a kind of timeless quality about it.  I believe the hotel (or at least the building) is over 100 years old, which may be interesting, but doesn’t always make for the greatest hotel facilities.  For example, no elevator to the second floor rooms, which I expect is impossible.  

Otherwise, it has been a nice experience overall.  Definitely not a “chain” hotel, which has both positive and negative points.  

We rode a “quadracycle”  (kind of like a golf cart, except four people peddle).  It was a lot of fun, it also made us realize how hot it was!

The reunion continues (and ends today).  It has been very enjoyable and a lot of fun. As usual, my main problem is when I get out of my environment, I tend to eat too much, I think out of some kind of internal fear I will be hungry (unlikely).

Maybe more likely, I am in a new environment, so I try new things, including food.

This is a community with a lot of Swedish heritage (if you haven't already guessed that) and they do an excellent job of emphasizing that to both attract tourists and also just to make an excellent community, one of the nicest small communities I have recently visited.  They do need to get ATT service and some new hotels!

I “tweeted” ATT, and was rather surprised to receive a response that their analyst showed “no problems in the area”.  I guess being completely unavailable isn’t a “problem”.  I wasn’t asking them to fix a problem, I certainly know it is unavailable, I was just asking where the closest service was.

It does seem odd that a city just off I-35 and with a college and substantial tourist visitors wouldn’t have any ATT service. 

For some reason, I had this trust that ATT was basically available everywhere while the other companies had substantial gaps.  Verizon (and I believe Sprint) are the only two cell companies that have service in this area.  For Verizon, and especially Sprint, to have service and ATT not have any service at all, is really a surprise.

I guess that is a result of my believe advertising or maybe ATT projecting an image of benign everywhere, which couldn’t possibly be true anyway.

Back to the real world tomorrow. Well maybe not the “real world”, but the “usual” world.  Overall, it has been a very nice break and we got to see a lot of family (some of whom we have never met before) and visit a lot. 

It will be an “office day” tomorrow, basically.  It will give me a chance to return phone messages from Thursday afternoon and Friday and whatever e-mail messages I may have.  Next time, I will change my voice mail message and set up an automatic e-mail response that I am out!  I hate to have people feel I don’t return phone calls for just don’t return them for several days. 

Forecast high temperature of 101 degrees today, 103 degrees tomorrow.


That’s it of now, Sunday, July 12, 2015.

No comments: