Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summer 2015 July 28 Tuesday (Earthquakes and Light Bulbs)



81 degrees this morning, walk 39:55 minutes 

Earthquakes are becoming more frequent and strong in this area.  There were two 4.5 earthquakes near us yesterday and a number of smaller ones.

I never have felt an earthquake, although people around me have. I guess I’m not paying attention!  

Eleven light bulbs have now burned out since we moved here June 6.  We are starting to become a little paranoid about the electric wiring in our house.  Maybe they just installed chep light bulbs, we shall see.  

We replaced the light bulbs in my office with LED “daylight” bulbs, but the main problem is the fixture is really not appropriate for an office even though it was built as an office, if that makes any sense.  

Although we still need to hang pictures/paintings etc  and still have some putting away, and throwing away, a large portion of our moving is completed.  There is still always something to do (including replacing lightbulbs).  

Read the book on “tidying up” and picked up some pointers that I will test and see how they work.  I don’t doubt a bit they will work if I fully implement them.  I have already found it easier to send some things to the “out” box.  I noted some of her main points and am going to go back and review them.

Nice breeze this morning.  It is almost too much, but isn’t, still what I consider a nice breeze.  It will be too windy to read the paper out here this morning (I’ll need to read it on the inner part of the patio.)

Reading the latest Stephen King novel.  At least I think it is the latest.  Years ago, I would have stayed up all night and  read it.  Now I am lucky if I can read it in a month.  I think, at least for now, I just don’t want to read a novel unless it is somehow different or a new perspective.  

When I start a novel now and know how it is going to end, I probably simply won’t read it.  

Of course, moving etc. has taken a lot of time (of if you  aren’t working on moving, you feel like you should be), and I am trying to improve my computer literacy. 

 Maybe I am spending too much time on trying to save time!  I can see where that could become a problem. 

Stopped by the Apple store yesterday for my problem with “Notes” duplicating  themselves.  That is a major reason why I use Apple products is if I really have a problem, almost 90% of the Apple employees take a real interest in the product and customers.  Not that other stores don’t, but it isn’t near as high, at least in my opinion. 

Listening to the “Believing Brain” during my walk this morning. I considering stopping it for another book, but decided I will continue listening.  I have a backlog of books I can listen to as well as read.  I have almost stopped subscribing to magazines, depending on the internet and the “next issue” app.  I expect eventually newspapers will be next, but not yet.

Office Day today, have a number of phone calls to make.  Between e-mail and texting, I realize how much time a phone call takes, although (at least for my work), a phone call is usually much more effective and a personal visit is probably the most effective.  


That’s it for now, Tuesday, July 28, 2015.

No comments: