Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer 2015 July 24 Friday

Summer 2015 July 24 Friday

80 degrees this morning, walk 41:25 minutes 

Nice breeze this morning, as the breeze has a cooling effect as I sit on my back patio and feel the breeze and listen to the morning birds (not many yet).  

A friend read my entry yesterday and noted that small trees actually do grow well and large trees can be a hassle to maintain as well as very costly.  Point well taken!  

Actually, that led me to thinking, is cutting older trees actually good (to a point), since they may be diseased, subject to damage due to age and weakness plus their possible high maintenance costs.

I guess at this point I have to mention I have not had anything but a small twig of a tree on any property I have lived in since 1998!  I do remember Aliene having to pay a large sum of money to have a tree removed from her house, so they do have a cost.

Fortunately, both at Lakeland and here, I am able to enjoy the trees without worrying about taking care of them.  Here, the trees are so small, even if they blew over, they wouldn’t do much more than damage the fence anyway, which I don’t think belongs to us anyway.  

Yesterday morning during my walk I heard what sounded like an explosion or gunshot.  After hearing three more (two while I was sitting out on the patio and it sounded like it was right in back in the area with the trees).  I went ahead and called the Police to report it, don’t know if they found anything.

Probably someone hunting the deer or the wild turkeys in this area, although I don’t know what kind of person would be so foolish as to  hunt in a residential area. 

Attended the second seminar on “Legal aspects of Homeowner Associations” (or something like that) last night.  It was interesting and also a little scary on how  HOA’s can do the wrong thing.  

I planned to go to a prevention on “planning” by this city’s planners next week, but it is full.  May be just as well considering my view of the “planning” they do in this city, although I think the problem is with the elected officials.  I’ll see.

It did motivate me to enroll in the “WordPress” class before it filled up.  I really do need that class so I can expand my WordPress site, and improve it.  I know there are a lot of things I could do with it that I’m not doing.  (www.RobertWherry.com)  Basically right now it is just a blog with some autobiographical information.  

Expecting a great-grandchild today (a grandson), Aliene’s daughter’s son and his wife.  Their first child, so exciting times are ahead.  This is the third great grandchild, and assuming it is a boy as predicted, it will be two boys and one girl, the boy is about 30 months and the girl is slightly over a year.  

I have actually really enjoyed the great grandchildren, it is really interesting to watch them develop and be a part of their lives.

A day in the office today after two days in the field.  Catch up on the paperwork and prepare for m fled day Monday.  I meet some really interesting people on my “field days” and it reinforces my view that people are basically good and mean to do well.  I may be suckered in occasionally, but I’ve learned the signs and I would rather help 10 people and be suckered in by one (for a short while) that not help the ten people because I didn’t trust them.  

As always, I am impressed by just how much commitment people make to their jobs and businesses.  

Aliene’s son and daughter in law coming out today for a weekend visit and to attend the 95th birthday party of their great grandmother.   This will be our first guests who are staying here overnight.  Between that and the birth of the great grandchild, this will be quite  a weekend!


That’s it for now, Friday. July 24, 2015.

No comments: