Thursday, July 09, 2015

Summer 2015 July 9 Thursday



72 degrees this morning, rain, no walk

Rain, again, which is extended by the muddy streets.  One morning in a while, I enjoy the break from walking, but missing several mornings in a row is missing too much walking!  I plan on finding some “muder” shoes that I can use when it is raining or has rained and the mud isn’t dry yet.  (Apparently there is no such word as “muder”, but it describes what I am trying to say.)

My “weather app” says it is supposed to be “heavy rain” right now.  The ground is wet, but otherwise it isn’t really raining.  I don’t expect “weather app” to be perfect, but it apparently is a little off.  

Apparently the City has decided it is going to let the builders leave the streets a sea of mud and not enforce the storm  water regulations.  I am tired of getting my car muddy and mud in my driveway and garage just so the builders can save a few dollars by putting the costs on the residents.

I am going to contact the State Department of Environmental Quality and see what they can do or maybe contact the Council Member for our area.  I can’t believe builders are allowed to just leave a sea of mud, although as I have noted many times, in this city, the builders, developers and commercial developers seem to run the city for themselves and their own profit, not for the residents.  

Moving continues.  We still have boxes that contain “surprises” for us in the way of items we have to decide to store, dispose of or use.  We have developed the general policy if we don’t use it, we donate it or throw it away.  

Not having the attitude of “saving” something for later use has been somewhat liberating, if that can be used.  For example, I wear my “good” clothes on my “field days” rater than thinking of “saving” them for special events etc.  I don’t know that we are going to start using the fine china or anything for everyday use (probably not), but I now wear many of my clothes for “everyday” that I used to think I was saving for a special event.

Actually, when I think of it, what is more special than “everyday”?

“Everyday” is how we live our lives, and so when I think of it, “everyday” living is the time to use  something special.

I always remember when I was a child seeing furniture with plastic on it.  It may last forever, but it isn’t really used.  Probably depends on whether you got it to use or got it to have.  

One thing about the rain, we don’t have to water our lawn.  Our sprinkler system needs adjustment before we can use it and we have one station that “gurgles” and doesn’t spray at all.  We also have a sprinkler that thinks it’s job is to water our neighbors lawn.  

I know it is supposed to be “simple” to adjust the sprinkler, but I don’t alway do “simple” tasks well.  Fortunately our sprinkler system is still under warranty and the sprinkler contractor is going to be looking at it.
Field day yesterday indicates again the concept that “every day is different.  While I can’t go into detail, there is a situation that I have never had come up before.  Yesterday, that came up on three different accounts!  

I am glad I get a lot of enjoyment from my job.  I will need to pace myself since I am not supposed to work more than 40 hours per week.  Once you get involved in something, it is hard to stop, especially since the home office has no real clues that it is time to eat, time to quit  etc.  I do have a ritual of starting, in that I don’t go into the office until it is time to start.  I also do that when I end, but sometimes I am involved in something and hate to stop.  


That’s it for now, Thursday, July 9, 2015.

No comments: